Verizon Wireless / insurance fraud

1 1970 N. Main St.Salinas, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased an expensive cellphone on 9/1/09. The sales person at this store sold me insurance on the phone. The phone was stolen on 9/12/09. I tried to file a claim but the store clerk told me the insurance was on "another number". I said I insured the phone, not the number. But Verizon puts insurance on a phone number, not a phone, but they didn't tell me that and even so, it's tricky and deceitful behaviour. Furthermore they refused to correct the mistake and put the insurance on the correct number and wanted to charge me for a new phone! I cancelled service and now they want to charge early termination fees. It's insult and then injury and not even a sincere apology. I think this behaviour is illegal or certainly should be. I wasn't asked to insure a phone line, I was asked to insure a phone and that is what I thought I was getting. I was lied to, tricked and then scammed.

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Sep, 2009

First of all, you should have reviewed what all you put your signature on. That's common sense. Second, you could have called customer service and they could have corrected it, even though, based on experience, it does take a week or two to get everything squared away with the insurance company, it at least would have worked. So yeah, you are gonna have to pay the early termination fees.

• Jb
      8th of Dec, 2009

insurance goes with both the phone and the line, for example if you move the phone from one line to the other the insurance would need to be moved with it, or if you have a phone and you put a old phone on that line, the insurance is void as old phones cannot be insured. For more information regarding Verizon Wireless Insurance Programs visit www.asurion.com/verizon