Verizon Wireless / cancell and billing overcharging

1 8390 Hiawatha AvenueEden Prairie, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 612-240-3077

I signed up for Verizon to bundle with Qwest. I assumed they would send one bill and it would be deducted from my bank. I did not receive any bill. I was with them for nearly a month. At 4:30 in the afternoon my cell phone was shut off. I was not at home to use my home phone, so I had to put the amount they said I owed on a credit card, then they said they would charge an extra $15 for that, and also charge me an early disconnect charge. What a rip-off. As soon as I receive my credit card bill, I am going to dispute the charges, also try and have an attorney sue them for stress and harassment and anything else they can find. Such unethical and illegal actions by Verizon should be fined severely and the U.S. Government should have their license revoked.

Comments

• Co
      30th of Apr, 2009

VZW clearly states all terms and conditions on the contract you signed.
    You did READ it first.. right.. or maybe you were still drunk at the time.

• Tc
      30th of Apr, 2009

CommonSense is correct, I think he works for verizon. You need to read the fine print on ANY contract before you sign it, ignorance of the fact is not a good defense. Oh, and don't wait for your statement do it now, and say the service is not what you expected...

21st of Sep, 2009

when you signed your contract you agreed to the terms and conditions. it cleary states in your customer agreement all charges you will be responsible for. did you bother to call when you were not recieving a bill. did you think oh they didnt bill me maybe im not getting charged. it is the consumer responibitly to pay their bill. verizon offers several different ways to check you balance and make payments as well. verizon.com and verizonwireless.com are very hepful when you want to keep track of you monthly statements and payments being made. you can also find you customer agreement and read it at anytime at verizonwireless.com

• Al
      28th of Feb, 2010

Actually when you enroll onebill with quest its quest that is responsible for sending out your bill you should have contacted them