Verizon Wireless - Chokolate / questionable service, poor quality phone
Verizon Wireless - Chokolate
My husband and I rewarded or daughter Ericka with the new chocolate Verizon phone this spring as she was just about to graduate HS with honors. Within a month her phone started to malfunction. A Verizon Store swapped it for another one. Within another month the buttons stopped working but this time they told her to order the replacement on the phone through the insurance. She did and received the THIRD phone. Verizon tells me they informed Ericka she had to return the broken phone. We sent Ericka off to a much deserved European Tour vacation for most of the month July during which I received the bill showing $270.00 charged for the phone that was replaced. I spoke to Verizon in early July and explained that I did not know if Ericka did send in the phone and they agreed to wait until she returned so that we could straighten it out.
Upon her return I informed her about the charge and she said she wasn’t told she had to return it but that she did still have it so she called Verizon and asked them where to send the phone – Aug 7, 2007. They sent her a prepaid mailing label. So she just put it in the mail and that was that. Today, August 28, 2007, all 5 of our family plan lines have been suspended and I have spent at least 1 -2 hours of my workday talking to Verizon Finance then to customer service (Rebecca) and then to a supervisor named Fran (she was supposed to return my call as she wanted to investigate and never did) . I called Finance back and they told me to call customer service. I received conflicting information from both departments regarding where my daughter should have returned her phone. CS says to the Insurance Co..and Finance said it should have gone to the Warehouse. Ericka tells me the self address label just had Verizon and an address.
Bottom line is Verizon tells me we cannot get our phones working again until they have one of the following:
1. Have the broken phone (they do!)
2 Have the tracking number – she didn’t write it down
3. Pay the money + $75.00 reactivation fee
Their customer appreciation and service is VERY questionable. They are essentially holding me ransom to pay them for a phone they have in their possession - ALL of this is a result of their poor quality phone.
More Verizon Wireless - Chokolate Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet