Verizon / overcharges

1 Santa Barbara, CA, United States Review updated:

I pay my bill for my wireless telephone, through Verizon Wireless, in full every time. In turn, each bill carries some forwarded balance from a previous billing cycle. I've called asking about this and every time, I get nonsensical, indecipherable runarounds from each person with whom I speak. My monthly service charge is supposed to be $60.00 per month. Rather, I am charged around $200.00 per month. This is highway robbery. I have requested a full detailing of all calls made and received and, guess what?!? There were countless incoming calls from a
999-9999 non-existent caller for which I was charged!!! Many other numbers I did not recognize. I KNOW that they are overcharging me every single month, but I have a contract that is still valid; however, as soon as it expires, I'm finding a new wireless company. I HATE being ripped off, especially by these mega-corporations that make too much money for breaking every law and ethical standard!!!

Comments

• Ha
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I had the same problem and I am finally free of them!!! I hope your contract ends soon. The funny part is they will call you and send you things on what they could do to get you back as a customer. What I did was sent them a long list of things they could do to get me back as a customer. Haven't heard from them since.

• Ri
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I am having the same problem. I got charge $7 Dollars a minutes to call from Taiwan for total of 600 dollars for about 70 minutes, just because the operator I spoke during the sign-up process forgot to include my internation plan. Before I changed to verizon, one of the worst mistake I made, I was paying 7 cents a minute for almost 2 years with CableVision - I am now switching back. Anyway, well, I am not sure how far Verizon wants to take this but I am willing to go the court to fight this. Even though I'm afraid that they probably have the court in their pocket.

anyway, what bull is that? and what fees are those? and What scam are they running? I can't believe it. $7 dollars a minute? how do they come up with this prices?

20th of Dec, 2010

I canceled my internet services two months ago. The first time I tried to cancel, the person put my services on "vacation" which I was still getting charged for. They then had to charge me to reinstate my services to then cancel them again. They then charged me 49.99 to cancel my services. Verizon then kept charging my credit card with the promise of eventually paying me back. I got another bill today for $19.01 after having my service canceled for 2 months. I tried to call to dispute the bill but have only been hung up on and put on hold. This whole situation has been taking entirely too long to resolve and no one seems competent enough to solve my issues.