Verizon Residential Telephone Service / internet service

1 WV, United States Review updated:

I ordered a Verizon "Bundle" service plan in December 2007. The internet service was used only once from December 2007 through January 2009 when I acquired a home computer. For 12 months of that time I faithfully paid $32 each month for a service I did not use. My monthly bill for internet, Direct TV and telephone is $165.00 minus taxes and fees each month. I asked about the current ad offering the same services for $79.99 per month and internet services for $17.99 per month. I was informed that this only applies to new customers. What about those long term customers like me who has used Verizon services for 30 + years? When I asked for a refund for 11 months of the unused internet services, I was given the "shoulda, woulda, coulda comments from a discourteous customer service representative. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was stalled with the explanation that someone will contact me within 24 to 72 hours.
I believe a successful business such as Verizon can afford to reimburse someone on a fixed income some significant compensation for taking money that they can confirm was unused.
Also, my January bill is $25 more than the previous amount because the term of service expired, unknown to me.
I have tried to find a corporate supervisor to talk to about this issue, but it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Oct, 2007
    Verizon West Virginia Inc. - Received a bill that is not mine!

I have never lived in the state of WEST VIRGINIA my son Kirk Murray JR lives there, different birth date, different ss# numbers HOW CAN I BE BILLED FOR THIS?