Verizon Residential Telephone Service / internet service
I ordered a Verizon "Bundle" service plan in December 2007. The internet service was used only once from December 2007 through January 2009 when I acquired a home computer. For 12 months of that time I faithfully paid $32 each month for a service I did not use. My monthly bill for internet, Direct TV and telephone is $165.00 minus taxes and fees each month. I asked about the current ad offering the same services for $79.99 per month and internet services for $17.99 per month. I was informed that this only applies to new customers. What about those long term customers like me who has used Verizon services for 30 + years? When I asked for a refund for 11 months of the unused internet services, I was given the "shoulda, woulda, coulda comments from a discourteous customer service representative. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was stalled with the explanation that someone will contact me within 24 to 72 hours.
I believe a successful business such as Verizon can afford to reimburse someone on a fixed income some significant compensation for taking money that they can confirm was unused.
Also, my January bill is $25 more than the previous amount because the term of service expired, unknown to me.
I have tried to find a corporate supervisor to talk to about this issue, but it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!
More Verizon Residential Telephone Service Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - No Tech support for one week on Company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet