Verizon Fios / inept installation

Wellesley vicinity, MA, United States Review updated:
For those of you considering Fios installation:

After a 9 hour "installation", Verizon left, unable to install fios to email, and:
I had no garage door operation,
no wi-fi (which meant Philip's computer was knocked out),
no outgoing email, and
no main telephone line.

There is no Fios service, no protocol, no expertise, and it will be at least 12 days before the phone is reinstalled to normal Verizon service. My brilliant Liftmaster service (They actually put out a white paper on this situation) and a trip to the internet, revealed that Fios uses a battery unit that lacks an integrated radio shield (Fios says they are "working on it") that can cause havoc. They also have no ability to connect to other than outlook express and verizon.net email programs. The technology is way ahead of this company.
Bk

Comments

De
  8th of Dec, 2010
God what a nightmare! I ordered FIOS 2 weeks ago by calling a telephone number advertised at Verizon. I spoke with "Abel" who then transferred me to "Bernard." Both seemed to have a similar accent. I placed the order and was assured there would be no problems. The following week I determined that the "porting of my present telephone number was not compelte" leaving me no choice but to cancel/reschedule. After 14 calls I was able to reschedule with the assurance Verizon would take the necessary steps to complete the transfer of services. The installation would take place between 8-12. Today I waited, waited, waited, until 5:40 only to find out the installation hadn't been scheduled! WTF!!! I had lost a days work and was no closer to having FIOS than 2 weeks ago. I called and spoke to someone who transfered me to an incompetent who wanted to record me agreeing to incorrect information. When I said no, the line went dead. When I tried to call back the office was closed. Tomorrow I will call Verizon and terminate the order and stay with my present provider at a much higher cost so as not to go through this crap again. I am in the people business and will make sure that I spread the word of how incompetent I have found their whole support system to be. What a nightmare!

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications