Verizon Fios Tv, Internet And Phone / missleading advertisement

Temecula, CA, United States

I recieved a flyer from Verizon in November 2011, it stated among other incentives to sign a 2 year contract to offer a free multi room DVR for life. I signed the contract online and was happy with the extra features I ordered. A month or so later, I recieved the bill stating 29.99 fee for the multi room DVR, when I called Verizon to inquire about this fee I got the reply stating that this offer was directed at new customers only.
Now, 3 months later I found the same flyer and after careful review I could not find any reference to new customers only or any exclusions or restrictions other than the 2 years commitment what so ever.
This whole issue brings to mind the old "bait and switch" tactic. Is this legal or acceptable at least? When I called Verizon today, I mentioned considering small claims court and the rep stated that she must disconnect my call because I stated legal action. I guess I have to follow through with filing a small claim in the court, I am sick and tired of companies like Verizon playing their trick and getting away with it.

Ja