Verizon Fios / Tampa Area / scamming my dead mom
My mom died 4/08. She had everything (no internet) with verizon. I called to explain to them she had died. They wouldn't talk to me because I wasn't on the acct. I tried to give them a copy of the death cert, again, they wouldn't talk to me. Tried for 5 months. They kept racking up her bills. Finally my sister got a compassionate person to stop the bills. I paid what they said was owed (100.00). Turned in the equipment. Now they want what is left on the contract (800.00) and me to pay for equipment I already turned in. They told me when I turned it in they only give receipts for boxes because that is all they charge for. Now, they say I owe for remotes, which I turned in. I will personally not ever get Verizon when it moves to my county, and will tell everyone I know how they are swindling my mom. The phone service/acct was in my dad's name. Am going to tell them to talk to him about the bills...he died in 99.
More Verizon Fios / Tampa Area Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.