Idearc Media / Verizonadvertising billing

D

We had been doing business with this company since 2001 under a different business name. When we changed names, we contacted them to make the change and we were only set up for superpages.com according to the agreement on a month-to-month basis for $16/mo. I called them to cancel since our new phone provider provided the service for us. They asked me to fax a letter to them at D/FW Airport, TX which I did on July 10, 2008. They continued to charge our credit card and I called to dispute the charge and all future charges from them. I subsequently called the "Sales Rep" who y0u can't get in touch with and never calls back. I refaxed a note with the confirmation of the fax canceling the advertising and they just continued to bill. We have not received a notice from, I assume, their collection agency, Allied Interstate, for $80.76 which we do not intend to pay. I'm sure it won't end there. The billing will continue.

• Id
    Idearc Jun 12, 2009

I work for Idearc and we were able to address this issue with Diane on 5/26/09 and we believe she is pleased. Once again, we apologize to Diane for taking as long as it did to resolve and thank this site for providing us an opportunity to respond.

• Re
    rexs Feb 04, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with superpages.com. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. You can also do advertising on this website for. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike that has a ebillboard and like it. He was telling me that he can go and make his own changes on this ebillboard. He like it because he can see how many people has been looking at this ebillboard. I hope this can help you out. Have a good day.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices