Verizon / Fios / broken promises
Beware of any promises from this company. I recently changed over from cable to fios and most every important detail is not disclosed or blatently lied. First, they said I could keep my email address which I guess I should know is not allowed. Second they said they would remove the other not usesless lines. The sales agent said this and a tech said this and they won't. Third, the give you a cheap router that broke within 5 days and sent out a dead replacement. They say they will call back and they do not do so. The installation was terrible. The technician will not go up into the attic and will basically drill holes through walls and wire on the outside. He does it in a way that is not even hidden as he cannot measure so instead of tightening up any slack, he just makes loops along the route. I suppose you can hand stuff from these 5"diameter loops but all other companies including the cable, satellite, and telephone have gone through efforts to hide the wires inside. The technicians appear to be unhappy and are probably minimum wage and it shows in there personal service and skills. Despite the size of the company they will tell you anything to sell you their product and renege after you've committed. The products appear to be shoddy and the installation and service is exceptionally poor. Everytime you call, you get a queue that asks the same questions and takes about 5-10 minutes before the option of talking to a human. When you do, you get into another queue that takes a long time. You have the option of a"call back"which is another computerized call that puts you back into what appears to be the same queue. When I tried it, I was told my wait was 11 minutes. They offered a call back in 11 minutes so when I opted for that, I got a call back and had to wait at least 11 minutes before talking to another representative. The rep on the phone also promises service but it doesn't happen as they state.
I would recommend any other than verizon. Given the competition, it sound's like they take the"promise them anything, but buyer beware attitude". If you expect the lowest level of service, the shoddiest crastmanship of installation, and the lowest level of customer support and you should be fine.
More Verizon / Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet
- Verizon Technical Support - technical problems unresolved 
- Verizon Fios - veterans/military discount
- Verizon Store - unethical behaviour