Verizon Fios Internet / shut off of service

1 OR, United States

I was harrassed daily, by Verizon Northwest to change from my Verizon DSL to FiOs Internet and FiOs TV. I finally did. They promised I could continue to have one bill for my Wireless, Internet and TV. After I signed up and had everything installed they split up the bills between the wireless(CellPhone) and then one for FiOS TV and Internet. After a month or so they started harrassing me about not having a home phone where they could charge me for service I didn't use and add all kinds of extra fees and taxes onto. I said no, I didn't need a home phone. After 6 months of receiving a bill every month for both TV and Internet they shut off my internet service. When I called them they said that because I didn't have a home phone with them, that they didn't know how to send me a bill because it has to be tied to a home phone. They said that if I signed up for their home phone service, they could turn it back on for an additional installation fee to restart the Internet. It's odd because they are still sending me a bill monthly for the FiOS TV service, which came on the same bill, without having a home phone number. They did give me another option. If I didn't want to get the home phone, I would have to pay on an interest bearing credit card, but automatic bill payment on a debit/checking account would not be allowed, unless I was willing to pay for a whole year at a time. The problem I have now is that besides Verizon the only service provider for high speed internet in my area is Comcast. Not much of a choice.