Verizon Communications / verizon fios customer service is terrible!!

New York, NY, United States
At 10pm last night my entire FIOS service suddenly went out while watching my highly anticipated football game. For Three hours I was on the phone with FIOS customer service trouble shooting and then absolutely begging them to send an agent to fix it the next day. The customer service agent promised he would compensate me in some way after my service was restored and that he would call me between 4-5p the next day.
I received a text in the morning that an agent would be by between 12-4p and would call 30 prior to arrival. I had to take a half a day off from work and loose $250 in pay. The agents came and determined that the main huge power box lost power and died. It would need to be completely replaced. So, I had to wait in my apartment for 3.5hrs, while this was installed, as the phone agents they had to contact for activation kept messing up. Honestly, these two agents were very nice and trying to do the right thing.
The customer service agent did not call back, as promised at 4-5p. Instead he called at 8:30pm on a Friday night. Again kept me on the phone forever and offered me $7.50!!! That's it!!! I laughed because what a joke Verizon has become. My system goes down at zero fault of my own, I take a half day from work and loose $250, loose an entire beautiful afternoon and instead of showing appreciation for a very long standing customer, (I am the one that brought FIOS into my huge Manhattan appt building), they offer $7.50 for the days lost service. No temporary free premium access or increase in speed. ZERO!!!
The obviously do not care about their customers at all. I even told the agent that given this poor care I would likely switch to the fabulous new Youtube service, which now I fully intend to do even with a charge for breaking my contract.
FIOS has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. No reason at all to stay with them when better carries are offering better service at a quarter of the cost.
Da