Verizon / terrible customer service

I quit Verizon. I loved the Fios (once I got it). The reason is I spent several hours getting tossed around like a ball in a 3 ring circus in what they call customer service. It was simply the worst so called customer service experience I have ever had in my 44 years on earth. I switched back to Time Warner Cable. They have Road Runner Turbo which is faster than DSL & their customer service Reps can handle any service they offer with great efficiency and Knowledge. I now have my home phone, Cable & Internet with them and could not be happier. Verizon just simply was not worth the time and aggravation. I say this in all honesty because I spent several hours a week on the phone with them for problems that could have been handled in less than 20 minutes. I would give their products a B average and their customer a D- average.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Apr, 2009

I completely agree. Verizon has the worst customer service I've seen in my FIFTY-THREE years on earth. I have been trying to get my internet service fixed -- it's been out for a month! They have missed appointments on scheduled service (and I've taken time off work to wait for them), and it takes hours to even set up an appointment. So, four weeks and counting and I still have no service, but do have an appointment scheduled for next week (we'll see if they follow through). The sad thing is I would have switched to another service, but they are the only provider in our area.

Verizon customer service simply sucks.

• Fr
      10th of Feb, 2010

I am on my 3rd week trying to resolve a land-line problem with Verizon at my 97 year old grandfather’s house. When I told them that they needed to be sensitive to the fact that you need a land-line for 911 purposes when you have a 97 year old resident – there was no response – dead silence on the other end of ALL the conversations I have had with the endless amount of supposed CSR people who have PROMISED that I would be called by a manager within an hour! I have never had a manager call me. Verizon – SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!! Phones are an integral part of a safety system especially for the elderly. The lack of concern ALL of your CSR people have shown is appalling to me – just today I had one SCREAM at me and when I asked to speak to her supervisor, she hung up the phone. When I called back, once again was promised a manager would call me within an hour …. it’s been 8 hours. Three weeks, no resolution, no humanity. Verizon… you are why corporations have such an ugly stereo-type!

• Fu
      7th of Oct, 2010

I am a long term Verizon Wireless customer who has been an advocate of your products until today 10-1-2010. This morning my Motorola Droid was dead after being fully charged. It was extremely inconveniencing as I use my phone as an alarm clock, and arrived late at work and then had to leave work to visit my Verizon store. (2531 S. Lapeer, Lake Orion, MI)

My experience at the Verizon store was very frustrating and a waste of time. Dean informed me that they did not have any replacement Droids in stock and could ship a new phone by Tuesday 7 pm at the latest. My immediate response was that this was an unacceptable solution and from this point forward the customer service went downhill. I ask to talk to the manager and when Donna arrived she did not seem to care about the circumstances, I was told the best they could do was ship the phone. My question is why does it taking escalating the situation and numerous questions for the terms of replacement to improve?

• Si
      21st of Dec, 2010

On Dec. 9th I called Verizon and asked them to transfer my two phone lines from another carrier to Verizon FIOS and and add on internet service. I repeatedly asked whether the cables had already been put in the ground near my home (so as not to be held up when they can't dig because the ground is frozen). They assured me that it was and all that was needed was for a technician to come out and install the service. So we scheduled for Dec 21. Friday morning (Dec 17) they call to tell me ... they need to bury the line and that the ground is frozen. They suggested I cancel the FIOS order and apply to get DSL. After spending close to three hours on the phone, I was disconnected. All I had was a cancelled order. But Verizon failed to notify my old carrier NOT to drop my phone line. Monday morning (Dec 20) I exit my house in the morning and I find a Verizon van in front! They installed the cable on my premises. I go back inside to call Verizon to place another order to get the FIOS deal. A new order is created. Tuesday morning (Dec 21) I wake up to a discontinued phone number. My previous carrier had cancelled my service. Verizon doesn't recognize my new order ... So here I am hanging in space. Verizon has no customer service where a consumer can call and speak to a rep they've spoken to before. Every phone call is torture; pushing all the menu buttons - getting thru to the wrong departments - endlessly kept on hold! - the list goes on and on! The worst thing is not to be able to get a number of a person in authority to help!