Verizon / illegal billing practices

Verizon home internet services illegally adds services to my account nearly every month without my permission. I have spoken with account supervisors who have explained to me that services cannot be added to my account without my verbal permission. I have NEVER given permission for any optional services to be added to my account. I have to call and have them removed when I get the bill for them. I have to scrutinize my bill every month and take time out of my busy day to get it corrected, usually not without a fight. At the present time, I have had to call every month for the past 5 months to get unauthorized charges removed from my account. These charges include service plans, virus protection, game packages, music packages, and charges for equipment that I did not ask for but was told that I qualified for as an upgrade free of charge. I am not the only one who experiences this, as friends and family who live in other households also go through the same fight to have their bills corrected periodically.

Ja

Comments

• Kr
      21st of Dec, 2010

I go through that with Verizon at work. They're usually a third party billing company, not Verizon; V bills on behalf of them. Some are dishonest and splice together conversations when they talk to you or use deceitful questions ("Are you over 18 and able to make changes to your phone bill?") but they legally CANNOT make changes to the phone bill without someone giving permission.

29th of Jul, 2014

Need help. Charged way to much for roaming charges while out of country while my phone was shut off. Help? Getting the run around from verizon. I have spent many hours on the phone and I am getting no where.