Verizon / incorrect billing and credit reporting!
Verizon DSL had billed me for a charge beyond my service cancellation date. I called customer service who agreed to reverse the charges on my Verizon bill. Further to that I did not pay the extra charges that were supposed to be reversed.
Now I had canceled my service in March 2007 but to this date the credit amount has not been applied by Verizon. On repeated calls to customer service, I am only told that the credit amount will be applied in 1-2 billing cycles. Its has now been over 2 billing cycled but the outstanding amount still continues to show against my name.
To top it all Verizon has shamefully added this as a collection item against my credit file. I was shocked when my credit score fell by over a 100 points due to this.
I again called Verizon only to be told that they are in the process of applying the credit amount and will be done in about 1-2 billing cycles. Even though it is established as a fact that I do not have to pay any amount to Verizon, they have refused to remove the collection item from my credit file until the balance on their bill shows zero.
I have even talked to the customer service supervisors who have shown absolutely no interest and initiative in prioritizing this issue and bring it to closure and are extremely content in saying that 'we have taken up the matter and will be completed in 1-2 billing cycles'. I would rather go without a phone and Internet connection than subscribe from Verizon ever.
More Verizon Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - wireless service/ lack of customer support
- Verizon Communications - jetpack
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service