UPS / late delivery / passing the buck
I grow weary of everybody at UPS saying “Well, I don’t know why they told you to call me. The right number for you to call is… and around and around it goes.”
I paid extra for an overnight letter to be delivered before noon in Montreal. UPS claims that Canada Customs took under 24 hours considering whether to accept my single page document. (Maybe true, maybe not)
Regardless, they had it for long enough to get it delivered by noon of the second day, which they failed to do. The driver was either lazy or incompetent and somebody had to come back a second time, in the evening, to make the delivery.
So, I contacted my local UPS store [protected] and they explained to me that because Customs caused a delay, my claim is denied. UPS gets a free pass. I was told that UPS in Montreal may wait “a week and a half” before being bothered to deliver my overnight-before-noon package and they still don’t have to issue a refund.
This didn’t sound right, so I called UPS central. [protected] They told me they could do nothing, it was up to the local store to use established procedures and to deliver my refund. I was provided a third number to call, where I could register a complaint.
The operator at this third number - [protected] - told me the store could not possibly issue a refund without approval from UPS and so I needed to phone [protected] which turns out to be the second number that I called.
They have exhausted me by passing the blame around amongst themselves. I give up and I will avoid using UPS again, ever.
More UPS Complaints & Reviews
- UPS - the truth about ups 
- UPS Basic - poor service 
- UPS - I hate ups - the worst shipping company! 
- UPS - harassment 
- UPS Canada - poorest customer service 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - UPS truck needs repairs
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - packages being dropped off in the middle of the entryway with no notice
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - driver driving truck
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - damaged package with antique dolls inside 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - delivery