UPS / late delivery / passing the buck

1 Las Vegas, United States Review updated:

1Z6X98526610361345

I grow weary of everybody at UPS saying “Well, I don’t know why they told you to call me. The right number for you to call is… and around and around it goes.”

I paid extra for an overnight letter to be delivered before noon in Montreal. UPS claims that Canada Customs took under 24 hours considering whether to accept my single page document. (Maybe true, maybe not)

Regardless, they had it for long enough to get it delivered by noon of the second day, which they failed to do. The driver was either lazy or incompetent and somebody had to come back a second time, in the evening, to make the delivery.

So, I contacted my local UPS store [protected] and they explained to me that because Customs caused a delay, my claim is denied. UPS gets a free pass. I was told that UPS in Montreal may wait “a week and a half” before being bothered to deliver my overnight-before-noon package and they still don’t have to issue a refund.

This didn’t sound right, so I called UPS central. [protected] They told me they could do nothing, it was up to the local store to use established procedures and to deliver my refund. I was provided a third number to call, where I could register a complaint.

The operator at this third number - [protected] - told me the store could not possibly issue a refund without approval from UPS and so I needed to phone [protected] which turns out to be the second number that I called.

They have exhausted me by passing the blame around amongst themselves. I give up and I will avoid using UPS again, ever.

Ch

Comments

• El
      25th of Feb, 2013

The worst. I have been a customer for 10 years now. No more! I keep a post box and pay for the express mail forwarding sevices at a hefty price. I work overseas. Somebody committed identity fraud with my credit card number. They immediately cancelled my card with a note to allow my UPS box to charge for the mail forwarding to me so that I can get my new card activated. Now here is the kick in the balls. This UPS Store decided to close for remodelling without notification and without even checking my email request to forward my mail. They just threw everything into a storage unit for all their customers and shut down completely. They were not even answering the telephone. Finally they just answered today saying they will not even try to locate my credit card until March. I complained and got hung up on. I am contacting their corporate complaint department to get this resolved (get them fired) or I will litigate for punitive damages.