UPS / bad delivery, no recourse

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I have a retail business that opened in October, 2008. It is a storefront in a strip mall on a prominent corner in a small town. I have a sign both on the street and above the store. BIG illuminated letters, 20 full feet of windows, address prominently displayed, and hours of operation, 6 days a week, posted clearly to the immediate left of the door. My customers have no trouble seeing the hours, and neither does Fed Ex. UPS, however, cannot seem to deliver my inventory.

Since October, UPS has failed to deliver FIVE shipments. When I track them. I find that they claim to have "attempted" delivery three times, and sent a postcard. All of which is pure nonsense, of course. No notice has ever appeared, and no postcard has ever been sent. In fact, they drive right by and pretend they attempted delivery. I have had to pick up my packages from their distribution center three times, and complained them into actually delivering them twice.

Whenever I know I am being sent anything through UPS, I stay all over it. Just today, though, I called a shipper regarding inventory that was supposed to arrive last week. I thought it was being sent Fed Ex, and wondered why I hadn't received it yet. Lo and behold, UPS had it. I got the tracking number, and called them just before they sent it back! Now, this isn't Aunt Tillie's birthday gift, this is product, and each day I don't have it is a day I can't sell it. So I tell them I have had enough. I want to pick up all my packages because their drivers are lazy and undependable. Guess what? The stupidvisor mumbles on that gee, golly whiz, she doesn't think the clerks would be able to call me or e-mail me that a package was there, but the drivers could just leave a notice. I repeated that the drivers don't leave notices, adding that she clearly doesn't understand the problem. She says it was three different drivers. I said that tells me she has big employee problems, and that it is as systemic as I suspected. I'm not hiding the storefront, I tell her. I don't have an invisibility cloak over the sign. Well, gosh, she just doesn't know what to do. I asked for someone who did know what to do, and gee, there really isn't anybody. Yeah, right.

I finally gave up, hung up and changed my purchase orders to read, "PLEASE SHIP FED-EX ONLY!!!"

Incredible.

Sh

Comments

11th of Aug, 2009

I Agree that UPS delivery system have some loopholes which has to be addressed by the UPS Management, my suppliers sent one package under UPS AWB No 1Z65A695 04 4889688, which was handed over in late July, 09 and still we are chasing their local Karachi office who is deaf & dead.

My suggestion to UPS is to make vaialable an email to your customer so that if they face any negative situation they can contact you, I searched a lot but fail to locate an emai on your web.
    regards

• I0
      25th of Aug, 2009

I always see them drive by my house, which is not on a main road, in the middle Westchester, and they always claim that I wasn't home. It's complete ###. If you call they just say, "oh sorry..." and then tell you it will be there tomorrow/monday. I think it is a general UPS problem all over the country. My theory is that if they're running late or want to get out early they just save time by skipping deliveries...