University Of Phoenix Online / lack of credibility
I can only enourage anyone thinking about attending the University of Phoenix to run as fast as you can away from doing so. After completing my MBA/Marketing with UOP I decided to continue with a Masters of Public Administration. I went through the process of re-enrolling and was told that my paperwork for the MBA/Marketing would cover my being certified for the MMPBL. I started my first class in the MMPBL, on May 26th and never did hear anything from the fianncial counselor about when my certification process was going to be completed and when I could receive my financial aid funding. Until one day two weeks into the class, I received a phone call that my file had a "pending" status because "there were conflicting numbers on my 2007 Federal Tax Return" and that I needed to get a Federal Tax Return Transcript from the IRS and fax it to UOP to remove the pending status. Mind you that this was the very same Tax Return that they used to certifiy me in 2007! I complied and got the transcript, scanned and emailed as attachment the same day requested. The next day I received a call from my financial advisor apologizing to me because research had made a mistake and that the tax return was fine!! I was so stressed out that I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! But wait --- it gets better!! The next day I receive a call from the Sr. Financial Advisor UOP ( mind you I am now in my fifth week of class) who told me "I am so sorry, you are not eligible for any financial aid funds for they were allocated during the time period you were completing your MBA/Marketing and this is all UOP's fault and we sincerely apologize."
I sat at my desk listening to this incompetent twit and thought told him that because of his lack of leadership and knowing what is going on with his staff --- I am not in a financial crisis and I expect a formal letter of apology from him stating the facts as they happen and stating UOP's wrong doing. I told him that he broke not only the bond of trust --- he also ruined my credibility. I told him that I wanted out of the UOP without any financial responsibility. I dropped my class and I am until the day I die spread the message that if you play with the incompetents at UOP then you will soon become one. Stay clear of UOP and run towards another online university that believes in treating students with dignity, honor and sees us as human beings. AMEN!!!
More University Of Phoenix Online Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans
- University of Phoenix - corrupt, scam, criminal (crap) "school"
- University of Phoenix - advisors: enrollment/ re-entry
- University of Phoenix - school disbursements and financial aid with the school