Miami Dade College Logo

Miami Dade College

Having problems with Miami Dade College?

+1 305 237 8888 (Customer Service)
+1 305 237 8700 (Hialeah)
+1 305 237 4000 (Medical)
+1 305 237 3135 (New World School of the Arts)
+1 305 237 5555 (Homestead)
+1 305 237 6000 (InterAmerican)
+1 305 237 2000 (Kendall)
+1 305 237 3131 (Wolfson)
300 NE 2nd Ave.
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Miami Dade College.

Complaints & Reviews

Miami Dade Collegevirtual reality college department

Very rude and disrespectful that I took offense over there patients I made a mistake with something nothing huge just minor and they gave an attitude when responding back to my problem as I did not know because they do not explain things clearly and was not at all helpful. Even if I made a mistake I pay to at least have a person to explain what I did wrong and not be disrespectful by doing it as they need better customer service

Miami Dade Collegeveteran services

My husband and I both have filled out the officiating request form to get our va benefits several times (one being in person at the Kendal campus) and the school keeps telling us that they don't have it or that they are missing paperwork that they can pulled from our accounts. They also have told us that it's our fault that nothing is being done because we "waited till the last minute." Anytime we call up to the office at Kendal about our situation they are very rude and don't even give us any information. I am very disappointed in the way Miami dade treats their veterans.

• Cr
        Cristian0245 Apr 09, 2019

It has happen to me as well they are so unorganized and very rude as a veteran as well I’m disappointed in there service as they just hire these kids giving them job opportunities but these kids don’t care about it later on and take it out on the rest of the people

Miami Dade CollegeJobs. . .

I feel it's not fair for me to go on interviews at Miami Dade college and not get the job... I been on 7 different interviews for 7 different departments and still did not get the job... I have 11 yrs of experience with office work ...secretary work, receptionist work, ... the only reason I did not get hired because I am lacking my A.A. degree... I am 5 classes short of getting my A.A degree... I feel something needs to be done about this situation. They are hiring people from the outside instead of hiring people who is there with experience... I feel that it's not fair or right...I really need some answers now... I want to talk with someone who can help me with this matter. I feel if you interview someone at least give them a chance... I even went on a interview in my own department and still did not get the job... I feel it's not right ... If I have to talk with the president of the campus to resolve my situation that's the step I have to take... something needs to be done about Kendall campus giving there employees a shot at a higher position...

Miami Dade Collegegrading and no handling problems

I have had to big problems with MDC. First I had an accountant teacher that she gave me bad grading on her class, then I ask the business department to review my grades. The professor left the school, and the Dean and Ms. Cynthia Conteh the InterAmerican Campus Chairperson both told me they couldn't do anything for me. Second, I took a class with a professor Sandra Torres, she was awful, disrespectful, everything you can not imaging with the class. Then I complained about it with Djuradj Babic the Department Chairperson and Priscilla Suarez Assistant Dean of Academic and Student Affairs of Hialeah Campus. They concluded that I should be transfer to another class but because of now I'm having a debt to Financial aid (F5 FINANCIAL AID AWARD REDUCED) that is because a withdrawal of a class can affect your Aid. Then I wrote to my fellows classmates about my issue and Priscilla Suarez called me because I cannot do that (What is this communism? I have no right to talk?). Now I'm still having problems with these issues. What can I do?

Miami Dade CollegeUnprofessional, disgusting staff

If you are planning to attend MDC, be aware that the "staff" is entirely made up of students. My boyfriend selected his classes in person, and was suddenly dropped the day before class started. He took his schedule in for proof, and they said "we dont know, come back for spring, late admission is over." when he asked for more details, they asked him to leave.
          Now here's my story, i am just applying for a GED class... When i called for the first time, i was transferred 6-8 times. When you think you have finally reached someone, they will tell you they have no idea how to help you. This is the part where i was forced to go to campus. Now, take a number...my number was something like 140, and they were attending number 66. I was lucky enough to skip the line without being noticed, and it took me 2 hours. (3 representatives at desk, 1 on break, 200 people)
          Now I had my information, so i came back and waited another two hours, just to find out I was still 3 documents short... So, I went back and got my documents to prove my residency. 3 days later I think im good to go, so i get my schedule and reach the Bursars office to pay $30 for adult education fees.
          Turns out, the genius in admissions signed me up for regular classes, so i owe $60 for an application fee! I went to the people who signed me up, and they sent me back to where i came from. Then they sent me back AGAIN to find an authority figure. At this point, nobody can help me and i need an adult. I go to the deans office, and tell him "I just want to pay for my GED class. I did not sign up for college." Oh, but there is no refund on application fees... I DID NOT APPLY FOR COLLEGE. I spoke to the bursar, the dean, about 10 admissions staff, the registrar, community education, financial aid, 2 teachers, some more chair testers, and one guy who actually got off his chair to help me.
          This gentlemen was the first to care, but still only told me "wait for a phone call. If we dont call you to waive the fee, call us back in october so the class does not get dropped. Go to class tomorrow, go downstairs for your ID, dont worry about paying yet."
          So i go to get my student ID to scan for the GED lab, and of course its another hood rat behind the desk with her boobs sagging out of her shirt. "Have you paid for your classes? I cant give you an ID until you pay..."
          So by now im losing steam, and i continue to trot around looking for a master, a boss, some sort of top dog. Guess what? There isn't one! No complaint department, no administrators, and i found out the dean i spoke to was ANOTHER STUDENT.
          The good news is my placement scores are high, so i wont be taking this pathetic class. Bad news is i wont be getting my $10 testing fee back, because all rip-offs are non-refundable.
          In conclusion, credit or non-credit students be aware: you'll miss your first three classes waiting in line, if youre lucky enough to get them at all. The staff is disgusting, absolutely disgusting...they roll their eyes, they dress like sluts, they eat with your papers in their hands, and worst of all, they talk down to you like youre dumb as rocks
          "Let me explain one more time. Ooone moooore time, ok?...are you going to listen this time?"

manjuuuu Mar 11, 2016

iam going to college regularlly but they are not alloewed exams and certificates also wont give to me please take action on my complaint

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices