Complaints & Reviews

Nursing program: now 7-12 month wait until cpne and to sit for nclex

Where is the accreditation commission for education in nursing, why is the school being permitted to continue to offer this program when they can not meet the needs of the student body paying them for the education? What college any where would think of allow the students to complete all courses and wait 7-12 months before they take their final exam to get their diploma?
Where is the new york attorney general? Why are they allowing this school to continue to operate under such fraudulent premises? They are taking money, they are promising a program, but don't tell you about the wait until you are completed with all the course work and paid $10k in tuition!! State boards of nursing are forbidding graduates from licensure! Because of the lack of pass rate and ineffective training practices.
Where is the sec? How can the school be permitted to do business in such an unscrupulous and deceptive way? The consumer here hard working people living paycheck to paycheck and trying to make a better way for themselves and their family. Working class people being ripped off.
Where is the first law firm who saved the students in 2014 and won the first class action lawsuit against this scamming deceptive company, who was doing business with the college network. The same company who was kicked out of pa by the pennsylvania attorney general, for their scam, and then they set up in business again in indiana, now the indiana attorney general is filing suit because college network took $10k from students wanting to attend excelsior, now closed up and the students are faced with getting loans and repaying for the testing exams, all the while that was the reason for paying college network. College network is closed!
Sign up to be named in the lawsuit against them by filing a complaint
On the indiana attorney general website.
Please, tell everybody!! Stay away from excelsior college
It is a horrible scamming program !

• Rn
    RN2010 Mar 18, 2017

Why pay all that money, risk losing it all, sacrifice all that time, working your but off for a program that is set up for you to fail anyway, just for an associates degree in nursing, which is pretty much being phased out of every type of health care facility there is except for desperate crappy nursing homes. Go to a real nursing program, which is a bachelor of science nursing program. It will take you less time to get a BSN from a traditional college than it will for you to get your associates from Excelsior. And you will have no problem getting a job afterwards. You can be dumb as a board and have no clinical skills and still get chosen over an associate degree nurse, because hospitals and other facilities now are strictly preferring bachelor's degree. Ask yourself this, is an associates degree nursing program going to offer you job placement afterward with a company who will give you funding towards an RN to BSN bridge program. Right now, those opportunities are second to none. The age of the associate degree nurse is over. I don't really like how it was done either. The change from ADN to BSN requirements could have been done with more support to bridge the RNs to BSNs and with a little more respect for these men and women who have spent the better part of their lives caring for our families and saving lives. Shame on you nursing administration. The nursing profession can be very cruel to nurses. Potential nursing students, please have nothing to do with associate degree programs. Take your general education courses at a local community college for cheaper and transfer them to your bachelors at a local college of 4 year institution. Just a word of advice.

CPNE Scam

I recently failed the CPNE over stupid, subjective things. I performed all assessments, skills, and...

Nursing CPNE

I am in bullet /brief mode so bear with me here: Finished all exams, been in healthcare almost 20 years, I know what I'm doing but, for Excelsior College, that seems to be a problem!

I went to the CPNE exam with a note in hand from the Dean: I'm allowed to eat. I tested twice before and became so weak and lethargic from not being allowed a break to eat even though they claim they do allow, it depends on their mood, if they like you or not!
With note turned in (from dean) I am denied for the next 10 hours food. I became so out of it i could not do much, migraine so severe i thought i was having a stroke, I failed the last pt care (pcs) which they state I was several minutes over that was actually taken time out (so I thought!) to go to the other floor to ask permission for my food bag which I was denied! I Walked all the way back and the time I lost (to the minute!) was what they failed me by!!
IVP failed by 10 seconds!!! ...their table was situation that much rolled off so one did roll off and I re-drew, aseptic. " you did everything right”, they stated, “you just ran out of time by 10 seconds"
Almost 10 years later and over 50 grand that cost me my RN ...everything i did "was correct" i ran out of time (growing lethargic by the hour ...i fought it so hard but...they knew my weakness was my BS and they used it) …..
They later denied it and stated I had over an hour break. Wrong! I was told not to leave that area someone would come get me for my break! they knew my food bag was on the bottom floor yet they played such a game to make sure I didn't pass and the one in charge of my cpne was a specialist in diabetes so she knew exactly what would happen by denying me a break to eat food and these are the master degree educators your future lies with--They mastermind in crime and corruption in addition to this and above all-- what a noble field tainted by these evils who stole all that hard work away from me and thousands of other students who lost so much!!
Shame on the BON for allowing them to even test for clinical because it is the most corrupt operations I have witnessed in my life!
The exams before this? they plugged my lines and took me on walks to burn my time, shook my table at the drip station and burn my time? omg, when I should have been documenting my examiner made me stop and get up to “return blood pressure equipment to the floor!!! why I asked I have only 5 minutes' left!! Her reply? “In case anyone needs it” I begged for the examiner to stop doing this to me and her reply was "this is the way it goes"
If you don't do exactly as told? they will have you removed and probably arrested who knows!
I PRAY SOMEONE STOP THEM FROM THE CPNE because if so they will crumble as they make their killing here after stringing students along, misinforming them and even lying.
This is not a school it is a CLEP program and in no way should they be allowed to call your clinical as it is not a teaching clinical it is a CLEP that is CORRUPT!! I could easily pass a CLEP clinical but this is not the case!! It is a game to fail whoever they choose to make them PAY AGAIN AND AGAIN!!
it needs to be replaced with clinical rotation at the student's home area by those unaffiliated with Excelsior! every student who failed in that class action law suit should have been given the opportunity to do a clinical rotation in their home area! And all their money should have been returned in addition to the grade "F" removed from the transcripts! it was VERY WRONG to do anything less. The courts should have taken this more seriously than they did it was such a loss to the healthcare system of thousands and thousands of honorable student nurses who should have graduated!
No time for spellcheck-- in a rush! I hope this helps, it was only some highlights of my personal PTSD with this house of corruption!

• Es
    esprn Aug 26, 2016

Right on!!

• Mi
    mickigirl Sep 03, 2017

DITTO!!! Lying, cheating, thieving, corrupt example of "education"! CLEP doesn't equate to the "clinical" that is so ridiculous in actuality that it is LAUGHABLE. SHAME ON YOU EXCELSIOR FOR ROBBING NURSES AND PARAMEDICS FOR A BUCK!!! I HOPE YOUR ELITE ROT IN MONEY HELL! I'LL KEEP MY GOOD NAME, MY L.P.N. BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A FRAUD!!! GET OUT OF OUR FIELD!!! YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!

• Je
    Jess Willis Nov 14, 2018

Thank you for your post. We need to keep fighting for what is right! I support you.

• Je
    Jess Willis Nov 14, 2018

Contact John Hermina law group

Lvn to rn online program

I moved to Texas from California to complete my LVN to RN program since California's nursing programs are highly impacted. I told the recruiter my plan was to move back to California once completed. The recruiter told me that would be fine because this is a 'National' program. Ten months into the program, a friend of mine at work told me that The College Network is a scam. I looked up my program through Excelsior College on The California Board of Nurses website and there was a statement on their page that 'As of December 2003, The Board no longer accepts students who graduated through Excelsior College.' Basically I've spent 10 months studying and paying for a program that is of no use to me. I am now making plans to move back to California asap to work my way through the community college system and get my degree. The college network refuses to acknowledge the mistake of their recruiter knowing this program would be useless to me. They refuse to refund me the over $6, 000 tuition. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will keep posting reviews until this matter is settled. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR PROGRAM! Because there are no clinical's to go along with the theory courses, this program is not acceptable in most states. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Co
    Connie Blevins Dec 09, 2015

I am in the Excelsior College Nursing program. It just hit me tonight that it appears they don't want you to pass so that you can retake classes for the money. I have passed all of my test's but when you get on the discussion board, the instructor always gives you a low grade which brings down your test scores. I kept wondering how I would make from a 90 - 95% on all tests yet on the discussion board my grades would be low. I feel that Excelsior College us a rip off also. I live in Arkansas so I should have gone online in Arkansas and not in New York. Please do your research before getting into EC. This will save you money in the long run.

CPNE and Rights

Students of any school do not only have student rights, but they also have consumer rights as consumers of services provided by the school.

Consumer rights may be broader than student rights. Know what your rights are, and what actions you can take under each right. If you believe that an institution has ripped you off, or has deceived you, file a complaint with the Attorney General Office of the state where the business is located.

But first, file a complaint in "general terms" with the business. Don't give out too much details to the business about things that you want the Attorney General Office to investigate. This is a very important strategy. If you do, the school will cover up their mistakes, and the Attorney General Office might not find anything wrong with the school's conduct.

In dealings with students, many institutions are not transparent with their students. They feel that students are stupid. They feel that they can kick students around. Don't let them kick you around, because you are not a ball. You are a person, a human being. Some schools or institutions want to use you as a means to their end. Don't let them do that to you either. Be aware of your school's environment.

Remember, schools and institutions have years of experience in deceiving their students, one way or another. For example, some schools have teachers that teach. Other schools have professors that facilitate. Know the difference between "teach" and "facilitate". You want to look for schools that primarily teach, and not facilitate.

In dealing with instructors, you must always deal with them with great suspicion. Some of them are stupid. And the reason why the schools employ them is because they have an "impressive" resume, and not because they are smart teachers. A teacher with two master's degree and two doctorate degrees (PhD) will most likely get the job vs one that has only one Master's degree.

Industry experience is very important. Some teachers have no industry experience, but they teach upper level courses. Be critical of these kinds of teachers. You will learn very little from them. Why? Because their experience is only "book" experience, and not industry experience.

Finally, do NOT rush, as many students have made, into enrolling in any college course. Find out first who teaches that class, and what is his or her industry experience. If all what he has is a PhD degree, don't stop and stare at him. Pass him by, because most likely he is not interested in teaching you anything other than getting his pay-check.

Legal Funds for Self-Defense

Excelsior College is in the planning process of deleting all the college credits that I have accumulated with them since 1980 because of the complaints that I have publicly filed against them here. They charged me with violations of students policy.

I want to set up a personal legal fund for my defense. I know I will win in this case.

I have read hundreds of complaint filed by students who felt that they were deceived by Excelsior College. Well, here is your chance to make them listen to you. Those who felt that they were deceived by Excelsior College, please join me in this action together.

Help me set up this legal fund. You may contact me by sending an e-mail to [protected]@aol.com, or call me at [protected].

An Open Letter to the Leaders of Excelsior College

When you go to your office each morning and you find that you have to defend the lies and deception of Jamey Heit, PhD, a faculty member of Excelsior College, and that you are directly and indirectly engaged or involved in the practice of lies and deception; it's time for you to immediately leave Excelsior College, regardless of your position or salary.

You should follow my footsteps, my example. Decades ago I used to work for a Medical Doctor as a Physician Assistant. After I worked there for a day or two, I found out that he has no good ethics. He likes to lie and cheat insurance companies, such as Medicaid, Blue Shield, Blue Cross, and so forth. He requires me to order unnecessary expensive MRI tests on all patients that come to his clinic, regardless of diagnosis. He has a large MRI trailer parked in his rear parking lot with its engine continuously on.

He paid me really well for ordering MRI on patients with ear pain, sinus problem, migraine headache, rheumatoid arthritis, knee pain, and even chest pain due to coughing. I told the Medical Doctor that I cannot continue to practice like that, but he insisted that we have to do the MRI tests because we don't really know what actual problems the patients may have. When I don't order the MRI tests, he reprimanded me.

In the meantime, my conscience continues to bother me. I cannot sleep well at night.

The following Monday I did not return to work. I did not call either. No parting words, no goodbyes, nothing.

Leave Excelsior College while you still can maintain your good conscience. Pack up you purse, handbag, briefcase, and look for the nearest exit and leave while your conscience is not too far corrupted.

Discrimination, Rubric Scoring, and Lies

Do you know that Excelsior College actively engages rubric scoring and lies to discriminate against me, their student? In other words, they are biting the hands that feed them! Do you bite the hands of your mother who feeds you? That’s what they are doing to me; bite my hands that feed their mouth with my $1, 400 tuition for a useless course that was forced upon me, a Liberal Arts Capstone course, or otherwise I could not graduate. I call this intimidation and retaliation.

This Capstone course offers nothing new to me other than the Power Point concept. I know about tolerance, but some of their teachers don’t. I know about critical thinking, but their teachers don’t. I know about ethics, but they don’t by the fact that they try to cover up lies by covering each other’s butt. They preach what they don’t do. They teach many different courses in ethics. I guess those ethics courses are for students only, and not for Excelsior College teachers, their Provost, or their President.

For example, one of the main complaint issues that I have filed with Excelsior College is on discrimination; specifically, with regard to assignment M5A1 (Power Point Outline) and M7A1 (Power Point Presentation). The contents of both are significantly identical, but for M7A1 (rubric scoring) I received 85%, but for the M5A1 (non-rubric scoring) I received 93%.. I asked Jamey Heit, PhD, the class instructor, to convert the M5A1 into a rubric scoring form. But he refused!

What is he trying to hide from me? What is the Provost and the President of Excelsior College trying to hide from me? I have sent them copies of my complaint about these issues, but they ignored them as if these problems were never addressed in my complaint, that they don’t exist, or simply play dumb! Why are they discriminating against me? Again, what are they trying to hide from me? Where are their ethics?

They play dumb and sent me blank rubric forms, which to me is a form of harassment. Why? Because, that’s not what I have asked for; I have asked for rubric scoring of M5A1, but they sent me blank rubric forms. I did not ask for these blank forms.

San Bernardino Valley College (http://www.valleycollege.edu/) offers a one semester class in Power Point skills. Riverside City College (http://rcc.edu/Pages/home.aspx) also offers a one semester class in Power Point presentation. All Junior Colleges offer a one semester course in Power Point.

Excelsior College, on the other hand, offers cheap “links” that are useless, old, obsolete and don’t work, all in one weekend. They must have assumed that I am a Power Point PRO.

I believe that I have been deceived by Excelsior College. I believe that I have been discriminated against by Excelsior College.

Not accredited by AACSB

If you plan to take business courses, get your degree from a college or university that is accredited by AACSB (http://www.aacsb.edu/), such as the University of South Dakota (http://www.usd.edu/). Also, the tuition there is much cheaper than at Excelsior College.

Excelsior business courses are not accredited by AACSB. They are accredited by IACBE, an accreditation agency less known and with much less prestige than AACSB.

If you want to know more about Excelsior College, read the postings in this Complaint Board.

Finally, don't forget to wear a body camera when you take the CPNE.

Body Camera

If you are planning to take the CPNE test in the future, remember to wear an unobtrusive BODY CAMERA during the exam. Don't let them rip you off with their CPNE.

I wish you the best. If I can help you, e-mail me to [protected]@aol.com.

I am as close as your computer.

Complaint against Excelsior College students

Mr. Donald Trump says that our leaders are stupid! He was right. They are stupid. Why are they stupid?

They are stupid now because they are too stupid when they are in college long time ago. They don't learn anything from their teachers because they are too timid to ask questions and get answers from them.

This is my complaint against many students. They are too scared to ask challenging questions to their college professors. I ask questions all the time. For instance, my last college professor at Excelsior College, Mr. Jamey Heit, PhD, loves to peddle certain concepts, such as tolerance, critical thinking diversity, communication (debate), and ethics. He thinks that we should tolerate everybody without exception. That's what he was told to say by the course developers. I disagree. I asked him, should we tolerate ISIL/ISIS? He has no answer for me. He wrote to me in one of his weekly posting that I should ask my classmates. He gets paid to answer students' questions, but he wants students to do the answering for him. On the question of critical thinking, I ask if critical thinking is so great when President Bush ordered our troops to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, why is the situation there now worse then before we bombed Iraq and Afghanistan? He has no answer either. I brought up questions about diversity, etcetera, all unanswered. I paid a lot of money for his class.

I have a lot of unanswered questions while I was in his class. And so do some of you, particularly with regard to the CPNE. I think the reason why students have problems with CPNE is because they are too scared to ask questions. Let me help you...

Have you ever thought of wearing a body camera during the exam? You can rent one. Don't get one that is the size of a pint of milk. Get a small one so it is unnoticeable. No Excelsior College professor can ever make money off you again when you are wearing a body camera. Make sure that you say to yourself whatever you are doing during the exam, as evidence.

I am intimidated by none - MD, DD, or PhD. I ask questions all the time, and so should you.

Resolved Late Notice Deception

One of Excelsior College method of deception to get students to enroll in their course is not by notifying students at the beginning of the course, prior to enrollment, what prerequisite is required for successful completion of the course, but toward the end of the course. This method of deception is a common daily practice at Excelsior College

For example, prior to enrollment in their Capstone course, Excelsior College has never told its students that knowledge of Power Point Presentation is required for successful completion of the course (see attachment). It was toward the end of the course that students are made aware of the Power Point requirement. By that time, however, it's too late for students to drop out of the class without forfeiting their $1, 400 tuition that the school has already collected at the time of registration.

Consequently, some students incur losses in terms of their report card status, and other losses.

Think more than once before you decide to enroll with Excelsior College. They have lots of tricks up their sleeves, or skirts.

Late Notice Deception

RESOLVED

• Ex
    Excelsior College Sep 02, 2015

Excelsior College cannot make assumptions about the technological capabilities of its students. Therefore, we strive to provide students with access to resources to help fill any gaps in knowledge and be successful in our online courses. The course syllabus clearly states the requirement of a PowerPoint presentation during Module 7 of the course. The assignment description provides several resources to assist students with creating a voice-over-PowerPoint. Students also have access to additional resources such as Atomic Learning where they can learn more about any technology component including PowerPoint. The assignment provides students with access to the rubric that will be used to score them on this assignment and indicates that the quality of the PowerPoint presentation will be assessed in multiple places.

George Timmons, PhD
    Associate Provost for Learning Services and Dean, School of Liberal Arts
    Excelsior College

RUDE teachers

I have recently taken a class from Jamey Heit, PhD. He teaches the Liberal Arts Capstone course at Excelsior College. The class that he teaches covers diversity, critical thinking, ethics, communication (debate) and tolerance. He is RUDE. I asked him, how can we tolerate ISIL/ISIS when they want to separate American heads from their bodies? He refused to answer me. Isn't that rude? I paid Excelsior College $1, 400 each class. And instead he tells me to ask other students. The other students don't get any part of my tuition money. He, Jamey Heit, does.

On the topic of critical thinking, I mentioned in my posting does President Bush not use critical thinking when he ordered our troops to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. The situation there now is worse than before we invaded them. How about Vietnam? Did our leaders not use critical thinking before we bomb Vietnam and consequently lost thousand of troops. Did we win the war? He did not answer my question either. How could he sleep at night with guilty conscience? He took my tuition money, did he not?

I have read remarks here from one or two students who said that Excelsior College is a good school? The reason why they say that Excelsior College is a good school is because they don't know that they have been ripped-off. Try and ask Jamey Heit questions that he could not answer, and he will take points off from you, from an A to a B grade, as he did to me.

The light in his head is so bright that it blinded his brain.

Where is my refund?

If you are enrolled with Excelsior College, don't ask your teacher questions that he/she cannot answer. If you do, points will be taken off from you. For example, I have just completed a course called Liberal Arts Capstone. My teacher, Mr. Jamey Heit, who has a PhD degree in Literature and Religion from Glasgow loves to peddle his commodities called tolerance, diversity, logic, ethic, critical thinking, and communication (debate). But, he is not a good "salesmen". If someone asked about the product that he peddles, he could not answer. For example, on the subject of tolerance I asked him can we tolerate the Muslim terrorists ISIL/ISIS? He could not answer me. On the subject of critical thinking, I stated that if critical thinking is considered so very important, what's wrong with President Bush's critical thinking when he invaded Iraq and Afghanistan? The situation there now is worse than before he employs his critical thinking.How about the former President LBJ who ordered our troops to bomb Vietnam? Did we win the war? He could not answer that either.
On the subject of diversity, I stated that diversity will not work in America unless we play by some rules.He, on the other hand, believes that no rules are needed. We show our tolerance, diversity, etc. blindly. That's what he believes. Does that make sense? Is that logical?

I think the light in his head is so bright that it blinds his brain.

He wants you to follow him at Twitter. Don't follow him, you'll get lost!

There are better colleges with smarter teachers and cheaper tuition than Excelsior College.

Class Action Lawsuit

Capstone Course is the last course that Excelsior College students have to take before they can graduate. If you are in the Liberal Arts program this year, Power Point Presentation is one of the assignment that students have to submit and is worth 30% of their total grade. Power Point skills, however, is not a prerequisite for the course, and the teacher does not teach Power Point skills in class. But, the teacher expects students to do well in the Power Point Presentation, or they will get an unsatisfactory grade. Teachers assume that students are experts in Power Point skills.

I believe that it is wrong for the school to expect students to know something for which they have never been taught or trained, and then to punish them if they don't perform to their expectations.

Class Action Lawsuit

• Ex
    Excelsior College Sep 02, 2015

George Timmons, PhD
    Associate Provost for Learning Services and Dean, School of Liberal Arts
    Excelsior College

• Ta
    Taoco Sep 02, 2015

No skill in Power Point Presentation was stated in the course prerequisite as shown on the attached photo. This lead students to believe that Excelsior College teachers will personally teach Power Point skills during the course, and not simply referring to links from an outside source.
    Links don't work, and moreover they don't give detailed instructions on how to trouble shoot Power Point problems when they occur. The agreement that students have with their teachers is that teachers will help them solve problems and issues related to their school work, and not help from outside "links". If "links" can meet students' need for learning, why do students have to pay so much money to Excelsior College when the Internet and "links" are free? For example, Cousera offers free online courses. There are 1150 free online courses from the world's leading universities, such as Stanford, Yale, MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, Oxford and more (http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses). The point is that teachers have a duty to teach their students, and it is not the job of useless "links" to teach Excelsior College students that would satisfy their learning needs.. "Links" are used to supplement what the teachers have taught their students, and not to replace teachers as their main method of instruction. Teachers at Excelsior College don't teach. The "course developers" dictate and tell teachers what to say and what to teach. This lead students to believe that Excelsior College don't trust their teachers to teach; that Excelsior College don't have the confidence in their teachers' ability to teach, even though they have PhD degrees.
    The attached photo clearly shows that Power Point skills is not a prerequisite for the course. This leads students to believe that teachers will teach Power Point skills referred to in the syllabus. In addition, students can have access to the official syllabus only after the students are enrolled in the course and have paid their tuition in full, and not before such time.

• Ta
    Taoco Sep 02, 2015

The attached Exhibit does not show that Power Point skill is a prerequisite for the course. Therefore, it is reasonable for students to expect that any inckusion of the Power Point skills in the official syllabus will be taught by Excelsior College teachers during the course. Excelsior College teachers have never taught Power Point skills to its students during the course. Instead, they, the teachers, assume that students can learn Power Point skills by watching external links as their main method of instruction. This is mind-boggling. In third world countries where teachers ara paid an average of $150 per month, much less than what PhD teachers earn in this country, they directly teach their students. That's their job, teaching. "Links" are used only to supplement the course, and not as the main method of instruction as in this case. This fact has lead students to believe that Excelsior College teachers either don't care about their students, they are too lazy to teach, or some other hidden motives.

The attached Exhibit does not show that Power Point skills is a required prerequisite for the course. And to add it later in the official syllabus as a requirement after the students have already enrolled and paid their tuition in full, make some students wonder what are the hidden motives?

• Mr
    mr_hey_now Aug 04, 2017

I took an earlier version of Excelsior's Liberal Arts Capstone and got a good grade. I would not take it again. The Power Point presentation was among the least of the problems I saw with this class. I can't speak to their capstones in other areas. In a program more focused than Liberal Arts, a capstone course might be relevant. If you are thinking about applying to this school, my advice is to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into right from the start. Carefully look over a sample syllabus for your prospective program's capstone. Excelsior has them posted online, but in a place that can be hard to find. If you have trouble finding the syllabus, ask an admissions counselor to e-mail it to you. If the capstone is a class that you don't think you'll benefit from taking, move on. By all means, do this before you even start your application. You do not want to be locked into an enrollment contract with this school, and then find out that your capstone is a deal breaker.

Incompetent Professors

I have been a student of Excelsior College for some time in the past.. This school used to be a "quality" school when it's called Regents External Degrees. After I have been absent for some years, I have returned to take some classes from Excelsior College. Whatever the word "Excelsior" means, the school is anything but excelsior. Their teachers have PhD degrees and are teaching classes that have nothing to do with their education. For instance, I took a class called International Economics. The instructor was very much against subsidies that our government gives to our farmers and automobile manufacturers. He believes that subsidies should be stopped, and is good for competition and good for the economy. I ask him what happens if as a result of withdrawing subsidies many companies will go out of business and we are left with only one car manufacturing company and one farmer? Is that not bad? Would they not have the monopoly on cars and sugars? Where is the competition when there is monopoly?

Most of the teachers at Excelsior College get their jobs at Excelsior College because they have PhD degrees. The degrees that they possess often have nothing to do with what they teach. For instance, I know a PhD teacher who has a degree in Literature but teaches social science. What does he or she knows about social science?

Excelsior College hires unemployed cheap teachers as long as they have PhD degrees. Avoid Excelsior College! Don't let them rip you off with their cheap teachers.

fraud

Advertised credit for certifications - 3 credits for PCCN, also verified in multiple emails, and assured by advisor and nursing department, that the PCCN will be awarded by three credits after sending it straight from AACN in sealed envelope with required information. After few months past and I required the update on situation - I was told, that credit will not be given, because this exam was not evaluated - without further explanation.
Now, if this happens with publically well known certification honored by employers, how can I trust that credit for exams would be given too, after I pay for exams and passed them? Would I be cheated the same way - told after the fact - hmmm, sorry, we will not give you credit, it was not evaluated

• Ou
    outcheated Aug 16, 2015

Update: Start of July I received the credits with apology regarding miscommunication. I also passed the "Credit by exams" at Pearson Vue testing centers and my credits appeared in my transcript very quickly. The trust is reestablished.

admissions

7-1-2014. I called the school today to see if I could get the actual courses I needed written down so I wouldn't be hit with other courses later on, I spoke with admissions on 5/16/14 and was told my sciences were expired... I took A&[protected]@ and micro in spring and summer of 2009. I was told that I had to sign up by [protected]. Which I wasn't... how convenient for excelsior... I spoke with a woman by the name of PATTY HOPE who refused to transfer me to the nursing department...This place is so ridiculous rude and totally unprofessional...

CPNE

It's really nice that some of the post here are so wonderful. That's great that a minority can pass the CPNE and graduate. This is a complaint board. It is for complaints and this thread is for complaints about the CPNE. There is a need for us to speak about it and find a common thread with others. I had a terrible experience, if you didn't and can't empathize with me please don't critize me. Our experiences are just that. So please don't judge what you don't know and can't understand. Also if you are complaining about the people complaining about the CPNE, don't you think you could make another thread like "OMG! I'M SO WONDERFUL" to post on? This just happens to be the CPNE complaint thread, you are on the wrong one.

• Rn
    RNboy2010 Jan 12, 2015

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad testing experience with rude and unprofessional examiners who mistreated you. At Excelsior sometimes it depends on the clinical site that you test at. Not all clinical sites have rude and unprofessional examiners and associates. If you do test again, ask around among the students and find out which testing sites have fair, respectful, more professional clinical examiners and associates. If you decide to go to your local community college for your RN, that's understandable. If I knew before I enrolled in Excelsior what I know now about Excelsior, I definitely would not of had anything to do with them. Your degree will probably take less time, be much cheaper, and give you way more benefits than Excelsior as far as transferring credits to BSN program and better employment opportunities. Your overall educational experience will most likely be more satisfactory and you will have more professional faculty who wont mistreat you like that. At best you will have more fair testing options and a much more rewarding clinical experience.

CPNE

Hello all, I took the CPNE, failed, totally humiliated, drained emotionally, the most awful experience in my life, total blow to my self esteem. I have recovered since that initial response and realized so many other competent nurses in the same boat as myself. I noticed a ton of complaints about the CPNE. I totally agree with many of them. I too a nurse for many years, have failed the CPNE. I told my law degree sister about the details and her reaction was "sounds like they are just trying to fail people on purpose". It's a no brainer. I mean really!!! This test should NOT be that hard but they make it harder than what it really is to generate income! The stuff they fail people on is absolutely insane! They know the test is pretty cut and dry and they are trying to make it a bigger deal than what it is. Everyone I hear who fails always fails over penny anty crap. Seriously, people need to band together and file a CLASS ACTION lawsuit! If it ever got to court before a jury or got it in the media, I'm sure people would be shocked at what is going on here. Also, it seems the CE's are jealous and purposely failing students because they have some personal vendetta against the non-traditional way such as this program. Personally I think ALL CE's should have a masters degree from Excelsior. To boot some of those traditionally educated CE's, I have discovered are idiots, I can't tell you how many mistakes they made in administering the tests, both what I've experienced and other people in the testing have shared. It seems they don't mete out the same standard to the CE's as they do to the test takers.Serious ones too, like wrong med doses! I think these CE's get paid for the whole weekend and then try to fail students so they don't have to work Sunday. That would be interesting to find out, I'm sure it could if a lawyer subpeon'd some records. Something's gotta be done!!! The problem is it can be costly. I think down the road it will be done, from the looks of all the complaints I see on this board. Oh and for those of you who are going to say "you didn't prepare enough, you didn't study enough, SHUT UP!!! you don't know what you are talking about! You happened to get a CE who wasn't an a**es like the ones I mentioned above, consider yourself fortunate. The test shouldn't be as hard as they are making it.