University of Phoenix / finance department
I enrolled at University of Phoenix from [protected]. My main source of payment was going to be my GI bill. Unfortunatly the person I had spoken to never put in the paperwork, and had instead put me down for Financial Aid. He said that I would quallify for that season. Instead of financial aid, I was given a loan. Which I don't recall ever signing up for. I recieved two checks at the end of my semesters, and I believed it was the remainder of my financial aid. Unfortunatly now that I checked my credit report I found out that it was a loan. I tried to call the financial department of University of Phoenix to find out what happend, and the young lady that answered my call was not helpful at all. She informed me that I had signed for the loan. I requested a copy of the sheet, and she refused to produce the copy. Her response was: "You should have kept a copy for your records, I'm not going to send you one."
I tried to explain to her that I don't recall signing anything, which is why I was trying to request the form. I could see that her agitation was increasing, so I requested her supervisor. I left the supervisor a message today at 1:30p 5/30/13. My main frustration is that I was signed up for a loan without my approval, and the only reason I had enrolled in this University was because they accepted my GI Bill. I joined the military to not only serve my country, but to be able to go to college without student loans. This is just a huge slap in the face to me and my family.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - loans
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - new financial aid policy
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans