University of Phoenix / unethical business practices!
I just want to urge anyone who is considering the University of Phoenix to please reconsider. First and foremost, the extremely high cost of tuition at the University is not a fair exchange for the subpar education you receive. You will be paying for shorter classes and peer learning, and from the research I've done, most employers do not recognize a degree from University of Phoenix as much more than a piece of paper.
I made the smartest decision ever by changing schools. I now attend Oklahoma State University. Not only is it a division one school more widely recognized, but its CHEAPER! The kicker is, the classes you take at UOP are mostly non-transferable to any State funded or division one school. After many arguments and debates, frustrations and setbacks, a number of Oklahoma colleges finally took UOP to court just to get a course catalog with comparative class information for their courses so they would no longer be left with the burden of trying to determine which classes you need credit for when transferring. Secondly, you cannot get a transcript of your classes from UOP unless you order it from the main campus either online, or by calling at a cost of 7.00 per transcript. Need an overnight transcript? How about a charge of 45.00 + the cost of the transcript itself! Yep, you got it! 52.00 dollars for a piece of paper delivered to you the next day (within 2 days if you don't order by 10am Phoenix time!) I've sent heavy parcel mail via Ebay transactions for less than that overnight!
The bottom line is, The University of Phoenix engages in unethical business practices. I have filed formal complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau. Will that make them change their ways? Probably not. But an informative website like Complaints.com help average people like myself make informed decisions. Should you decide to attend UOP, I'd like to say "I told you so" before you're the next person here expressing your frustration.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans
- University of Phoenix - corrupt, scam, criminal (crap) "school"
- University of Phoenix - advisors: enrollment/ re-entry
- University of Phoenix - school disbursements and financial aid with the school