TurboTax / E-filing a joke

I paid for TurboTax and e-filed my return on the 27th of January and was promised a date of February 6th when my return would be direct deposited into my bank account. After calling the IRS on the 11th because I still had not received my return I was told that the bank that the return goes through, the Santa Barbara Banking and Trust had submitted my return too late and the IRS had placed a hold on it til the 18th. It is now the 18th of February and I still have NOT received my return. I called and was informed that an error had taken place sometime from my e-filing it and the bank holding it for too long. GREAT! Now I get to wait an additional 2 to 6 WEEKS for my return to be processed and deposited into my bank account. E-filing is a joke and TurboTax is just as bad. 8 to 14 days, yeah right. I'm on my 22nd day and I get to wait up to 6 MORE WEEKS! And the only information that I can readily find on my return is the acceptance date and time stamp on the 27th after it was e-filed through TurboTax. This step by step, easy process that they claim is a joke because I have never had so much trouble just trying to get my return deposited into my bank account! Mailing it in wouldn't have taken this long!

Comments

• Do
      26th of Feb, 2009

I E-filed and the software charged my credit card, but never E-file and now it want to charge my credit card again before the software will try another E-file. The support web site doesn't have any phone support!

• Ke
      12th of Mar, 2010

I agree. I clicked to print & mail and then changed my mind & wanted to E-File. However, when I tried, it would not let me, eveb though it read, if you change your mind you can still E-File, go to the end of this page for instructions. But at the end of the page it is blocked out so you cannot get to do so. THIS IS REDICULAS NOT TO HAVE SOME PHONE SUPPORT TO GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR. KEN ROBINSON