Tracfone / fraudulent cell phone company

1 14501 S. Hwy 63, #3Rolla, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-272-1369

I used tracfone for over three years and I highly would not recommend it to anybody. You have to keep all your receipts and scratched off cards that you use to add minutes. If the cards don't work, and most of the time the cards do not work, they will put you through days of wasted time digging through your records to "prove" you bought the cards before granting you the services and minutes you purchased. Then you will spend days typing in long codes and repeating them back and waiting 24-48 hours to "see if it will work". It doesn't work.

I bought double minutes for the life of my phone. After one year the double minutes no longer work at all and the company will not help me, at all. I've called, written, and complained. I still get e-mails from them advertising that I can buy minutes which will be doubled. Doubling minutes is the only way to get a 10 cent per minute rate that is on par with other pre-paid cell phone services like at&t, which I highly recommend.

Comments

• St
      27th of Jun, 2009

I, too, have also had trouble with Tracfone. After being a loyal customer for over 4 years I had to purchase a new phone for my son after a push into a swimming pool. I purchased the exact same model as the previous phone but when using the web site to activate I was told that the new phone was not compatible. I then called the customer service center and after 40 minutes of repeating serial numbers and SIM numbers I was told I would have to choose another phone that was compatible in my area. When told I could choose a Motorola model I asked if it was a camera phone. When told no I said no deal. I then explained that I was choosing the same model that my son previously had and if the phone I purchased over the website was not compatible in my area then why was I allowed to purchase it in the first place 6 days earlier? I was given to another customer service rep who determined that it was a problem with their system and I should try back in 24-48 hours (the standard answer from what I have read). I asked to speak to someone in the United States as I believe I was talking to someone in the Phillipines in the customer service center. I was told no but they could give me the number for the corporate office. Although it was after hours I left a message at the 1-800-876-5753. I have yet to hear back and now it is the weekend so I guess i will have to wait until Monday. I hope I can get this problem resolved because for the money Tracfone is the best deal especially when having a teenager. It's easy to limit the amount of cell phone usage. When the minutes run out so does the cell phone.