Tracfone Nationwide Prepaid Wireless / service people call customers stupid and then hang up!

TracFone Nationwide Prepaid Wireless
www.tracfone.com

I had a Nokia TracFone. When I tried to extend the service date, I was informed that the phone was DEFECTIVE.

I phoned --- after being on hold for hours -- and was told I would receive a new phone. I was also told that I would be given the 70 minutes that were left on my defective phone as well as my old phone number. I DID receive the phone, but close to ZERO minutes and a new phone number. Also: I have to charge it EVERY DAY.

I phoned TracFone DOZENS of times and sent the company NUMEROUS e-mails.I received no response. Today, after TWO WEEKS, I finally reached TracFone. First, I talked to an "Astrid." When I asked her her employee number, she HUNG UP.

Then, I talked to a woman named Lidia who had problems spelling her own name and didn't understand much English. I told her I needed my phone today and she insisted on sending me a new phone. She gave me a Reference no. [protected] --- for a new phone although I said I needed to activate the other one TODAY.

When I asked for a supervisor, she said "you stupid" and then hung up. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach these incompetents other than a toll-free number that is always busy.

These people are truly ### of the earth.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      9th of Mar, 2007
    TracFone Nationwide Prepaid Wireless - Failure to activate and then to extend time period of failure.

After purchasing an expensive year's plan with double minutes on purchased minutes additions, I discovered that they would not have activated the double minutes plan I had paid for had I not noticed that they had NOT activated it! I noticed after a month and a half into the "year" but they refused to extend the "year" saying it was from the date of when I had first gotten it instead of from when they actually activated it. It took days after my complaint for them to activate it. So I lost over a month and a half of a prepaid, expensive year of double minutes which I had to complain about EACH time to have them doubled. Egadz. You'd think they'd want to provide better customer service in order to keep going! My friends, relatives, patrons, etc., are looking for an alternative to this, what seemed a good company at the beginning. That is a lot of good customers this bad company will lose. And the word will continue to spread.

• Tl
      24th of Sep, 2007

Same thing happened to me!

• Ju
      3rd of May, 2008

I have used tracfone for over three years, and in that time my voice mail has never worked. I tried to get help via online tech support three times (that I can think of) and was either not issued a job number, or the complaint(s) just disappeared into the ether.

I have tried their customer and tech support by phone, and on both occasions, one not documented, and the last one documented, I was transferred to no less than two people who: recited almost verbatim the online voice mail set-up instructions, asked the same inane questions, put me on hold a minimum of 10 minutes, and finally, inexplicably disconnected my call.

I wasn't called stupid, at least, and most of the operators were unfailingly polite -- if woefully uninformed -- but I've also never had my issue resolved.

To me, it seems like a simple programming problem that could be handled in about five minutes, and involve less than two fingers applied to a computer keyboard. I mean, if the company can automatically load purchased minutes on my phone in a matter of seconds, surely they can just as easily unlock my voice mail.

I did receive an email reply back telling me:
    "Our records indicate that your voicemail feature has been reset. Please
    try to set up your voicemail by following the instructions below"...with the same online instructions. I tried it, and have the same.exact.problem.

I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

As soon as is possible, I'll be shopping around for a better cellular company.