ToysRUs / false advertising!

1 UT, United States Review updated:

Toysrus sent a glossy flier advertising buy 2 Nintendo Wii games and get a third free. There were over 12 titles pictured on the ad. Both online and in the local store NONE were available. They said they did not know if or when they would get more in the local store. I called 1-800-toysrus to file a complaint and the representative told me there would be a new ad coming out on Friday. I said what good does a new ad do if you DON'T have anything in stock! I tried online as well and it says many of the tiles are "temporarily unavailable" and you CAN'T order them. This is false advertising!!!

I said I wanted to file a complaint and they said they couldn't take it because their computers were down. I asked if they had pencil and paper, no, I would have to call back later. I asked to speak to a supervisor who finally took down my complaint. Very unhappy with wasting my time with toysrus, felt like their ad was a total lie.

Comments

• Je
      9th of Dec, 2007

This is regarding the bradenton Florida store I was trying to find a Nintendo Wii, In Florida because my Father had heart surgery And searching from store to store for a Wii for my son when I went to this Toys R Us I was told to come back the next morning they would have them in stock no guarantee I would get one but worth a shot next morning they sold out But the Manager told me to come back the next day December 5th at 4pm so I asked a nurse to keep a close watch on dad so I could get to Bradenton by 2:30 a 30 minute drive worth the wait knowing my shopping time is limited only to get there and they sold out at 1:30pm strange because I called at 1pm and they again said 4pm When I was walking out an employee said to me don't you know how it works they sell them to family and friends. Just letting you know how disappointed I am in that kind of behavior I have no problem waiting online and if I was #15 and the only had 14 no problem. Now that I am back in NY my Wii search will continue not at toys r us of course guess it's all the employee's and friends we see on Ebay. I will be sending this letter to anyone who will listen.

• De
      19th of Dec, 2007

Contacted store in Murfreesboro, Tn to check to see if they had Transformers in stock. STEFANIE answered the phone said o.k., ill look . would come back to the phone 5 minutes later and ask me if she could help me AGAIN 3 more times. I at that point was calling her by her first name. She never looked nor intended to look for the item, she was just making the phone stop ringing. This is bull---- people! If you dont want to do your job STAY HOME and let somebody who needs and wants to work in your place.