ToysRUs / unwilling to cancel unshipped order!

I placed an order for my grandson who lives in another state on the ToysRUs website. I wanted it shipped to him not me. Other websites give you the option to have a separate shipping address entered, this one did not.

I continued placing the order hoping the chance to do this would come up. It didn't. What they did offer was to discount my order by $10.00 if I place it through Google Checkout. So what the heck, I fell for it. By the time I realized this item was coming to me and not my grandson it was too late. I emailed this dilemma to ToysRUs and received an automatic reply telling me to call them. So I called them. The system was down, have to call back later. Next day I called. They verified the order was processing and not shipped, however they could not change the shipping address. So I tell them I would just prefer to cancel the order. Can't do that either. They had apologies for me, but no help whatsoever in spite of the fact that they still had possession of the order. I tried to cancel the order online - they don't let you. I have never encounter this problem. Isn't there a law that gives consumers the right to cancel in a given time period? So I am opening up a dispute through Visa. If this order comes to me I plan to refuse it and hopefully I won't have to pay the shipping.

A  29th of Dec, 2006 by
I had a similar problem with toysrus, that after cancelling the order in the event of wrong shipment information by mail, they send the order by another shipment !!! I had to make several calls to at least talk to someone who understands the issue!
N  11th of Aug, 2007 by
I went to toysrus 2875 Flatbush Ave this morning and purchase a Manchester 6 Leg Swing Set; I could not bring it home right away because it was too big for my car. I went back with a friend who has a truck 45 mins later to pick the item up. It was not there. No one in the store could find it, they said they had no more. I was there for a good hour and still no swing. I was refunded the money. I ask them to check the 8973-95 BAY PARKWAY location, they told me they have 8 Manchester 6 Leg Swing Set at this location, drove there, pay for the swing set, went to pickup, they had only one with the box broken and pieces missing. I would not go on about the added stress, stuck in traffic, waiting in a return line, the back and forth. I finally had to come home and order it online, $103.44 in shipping. Toysrus need to get they act together! I guess they know we would do anything for our kids. What was really funny? The workers at both locations said they do that all the time! say they have things in the system when they know they don't update it.

Angry and frustrated after my horrible experience at Toyrus today.

N  17th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Listen I work at toys r us on Flatbush. And the quest are rude when you tell them we don't have it. We always tell you our computer does not update. If you don't like it dot come.

Toys Toys "R" Us