ToysRUs / gift card fraud

We purchased a gift card for a baby shower from Babies R Us for a cousin. She went on a shopping spree and then got up to the cash register to purchase and the card had a zero balance. She had to pay out of her own pocket after spending hours shopping and then let us know.

We were embarassed and immediately contacted the store we had purchased it and found out from the manager that this had happened a couple times lately. He told us to fax the receipt and we got a case number on August 4, 2009. I immeidately called and asked for a refund but was told that it had to be investigated by the fraud department and they would get back to us in 7-10 days. I spoke to a manager and was told the case would be expedited.

I called back on the 13th and was told that I needed to wait 7-10 days and I counted out the days to show her that it was already over 7 days. She then said it would be 10-14 days and her manager agreed. I called back on the 19th and was told there were no updates. I called the store manager again and he said he would try to escalate this and call me on the 21st. No call back.

I spoke to another csr today and was told no info and she would redtag my case. I had asked for this repeatedly and was assured on all previous calls that this was being done.

So finally I searched online and saw that this is an ongoing issue with Toyrus/BabiesRus. I guess the only way to get attention is calling corporate, so come Monday that's what I'll do. This is the last gift card I'll ever buy, and definitely no more ToysRus.

Cj

Comments

• Jj
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Same experience same nightmare. I found my card been fraud at the end of July, until now the case is still hanging around. Don't know what to trust babiesrus.