Toys r us / gift card rip-off!!!
My wife & I are expecting and registered at toys r us... She wanted a dresser there and and a family member in oklahoma wanted to give it to us here in texas. The item was "temporairly not available online"... So.. Being reasonable people they bought a $325 gift card and sent it to us.. So we could go to a local store and get. We'll upon arriving at toys r us the item was not avalable there... We were told it's only available online... Website doesnt say any thin except "temporairly not available online" so... I have $325 gift card... Item the card was purchased for is not available I the store, online and upon calling the totally useless cutomer service people, was told they could not tell be when it "might" be available. After a week (And about 5 hours on the phone with these idiots) all I wanted to do was get the purchaser a refund on the gift card so we could purchase the the dresser elsewhere... Seems simple? Right? Noooooo gift cards are "not refundable"... Even to the purchaser... Even tho the item we wanted in not availble anywhere? They tell me "you can get other stuff in the store" we dont want "other stuff"!!! We bought the dresser elsewhere and now are stuck with this gift card we dont want or need... I smell bait-n-switch! Beware of the gift card!
More Toys r us Complaints & Reviews
- Toys r us - false advertising and promotions! 
- Toysrus Toys R Us - toys r us heath insurance scam 
- Toys r us - gift card fraud 
- Toys r us - no wheelchairs or scooters for customers use in stores 
- Toys r us - refused check 
- Toys - bought from toys r us and never received
- Toys "R" Us - bright starts
- Toys - walt disney minnie mouse walker
- Toys "R" Us - fake websites
- Toys - customer service