Toys r us / gift card rip-off!!!

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My wife & I are expecting and registered at toys r us... She wanted a dresser there and and a family member in oklahoma wanted to give it to us here in texas. The item was "temporairly not available online"... So.. Being reasonable people they bought a $325 gift card and sent it to us.. So we could go to a local store and get. We'll upon arriving at toys r us the item was not avalable there... We were told it's only available online... Website doesnt say any thin except "temporairly not available online" so... I have $325 gift card... Item the card was purchased for is not available I the store, online and upon calling the totally useless cutomer service people, was told they could not tell be when it "might" be available. After a week (And about 5 hours on the phone with these idiots) all I wanted to do was get the purchaser a refund on the gift card so we could purchase the the dresser elsewhere... Seems simple? Right? Noooooo gift cards are "not refundable"... Even to the purchaser... Even tho the item we wanted in not availble anywhere? They tell me "you can get other stuff in the store" we dont want "other stuff"!!! We bought the dresser elsewhere and now are stuck with this gift card we dont want or need... I smell bait-n-switch! Beware of the gift card!

Wo

Comments

• Re
      8th of Feb, 2009

(1) Learn how to use correct spelling and proper English, my 7 year old cousin can write better than you did.

(2) Maybe you should have asked if the gift card could be returned before buying it. I do not know what imaginary world you live in but I have never heard of a store allowing the return of gift cards.

You want to know why stores sell them? I will tell...to completely use the gift card you are going to have to spend more money than what is on the gift card. Any idiot can see that.

• Ke
      1st of Mar, 2009

Its a gift card purchase what did you expect... Duh... read the details before you make a purchase... Why would you not check before? Make sure the item was available?? And if you are expecting you should know 325 is nothing when it comes to Babies and you could use the gift card for diapers, stroller, cloths, formula, bedding, etc... The company does specialize in kids...