Toyota Of Grapevine / bad service

We drove from Texarkana to look at car this dealership had online on October 23, 2010. We called that morning to let them know we were on our way to view the car and when we arrived we found out the car had been sold. The dealership then proceeded to find another car of similarity to the one that sold.

At the time we test drove this car Grapevine was under a tornado warning and rain was pouring down so we were unable to look at the car completely; however, we did assume that because this was a certified used vehicle that it was still going to be a great buy.

The car they showed us did not have leather seats and we wanted that option. They said they could install the leather and it would only take a couple days. Four days later I drove all the way to Sulphur Springs to pick up the car. Two days later it was discovered the vanity mirror above the drivers seat was completely smashed. I called our sales person and he informed they would mail a new mirror to me and that I could install it myself. I never recieved the mirror.

After doing a complete look over of the vehicle it was found to have several deep scratches along the trunk, rear fender, and roof. It was also missing a piece in the panel of the door, chunks of the interior were missing from the back door. The leather had unfinished ends sticking out, the front windshield had several chips in it, along the entire front of the vehicle hood and grill there are bubbles of paint.

I called our sales person again and he said he would find out what he could do, but never returned my call. The following Wednesday I sent an e-mail to the general manager along with pictures and once again did not recieve any kind of acknowledgement. The following Monday my husband called and they told him not to worry that they would fix it all up for us. We then drove the vehicle all the way out to Dallas. Today I left a couple messages for someone to get back to me regarding the dealership tag that expires tomorrow on the loaner car. I was ingnored and passed around. Finally I was able to get a hold of someone who told me the car would be ready tomorrow but that I would have to drive all the way out to Dallas once again to pick up the car. I asked to speak to the highest level of management when he informed me that he was. After explaining to him the fiasco of this entire situation, he preceded to tell me that as far as the dealership was concerned they had done above and beyond what was expected of them. I pretty much got the impression that I didn't matter and that customer service is not important to this dealership.

I urge anyone looking at purchasing a car from this dealership to make sure they explain ALL of the details in price, and in services you are paying for.

They lied to us about what we were paying for, and what the certification process really entails.

Comments

• Pu
      23rd of Nov, 2010

You need to file a complaint with Toyotas Headquarters, specifically the CEO. If you turn this dealer into thier "boss", then they can get in a lot of hot water with Toyota. And especially since Toyota took a big "hit" with all those recalls recently, the company will take a very dim look at this dealer.
    You can also turn them in to the Better Business Bureau, the state Attorney Generals office, and even file a report on the business with the local "lemon law" office.
    Supposedly, this is the address for the USA Toyota Headquarters...
    19001 S. Western Avenue