TimeWarner Cable / early termination fee charged because they can't provide service!

1 PO Box 865 East Bend NC 27018NC, United States Review updated:

I was very disappointed with the lack of customer service and cooperation that I got from Timewarner cable and I quickly learned that they DO NOT care about the customer, only the $$$ they make off of you. I have been a Timewarner customer for over 15 years. I moved from another city and had to reestablish service at the new address. I had the service for 11 mths and because of employment, I had to move 1 mth before my contract was up. I tried to have them to transfer service to the new address, which was about 20 miles away, but THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE SERVICE TO THAT ADDRESS because TIMEWARNER WAS NOT YET ESTABLISHED IN THAT AREA. I was forced to go with Windstream which is awful and I hate it. I believe dial-up would be faster than their high-speed, but that is another story. I took my box in and paid my final bill at the store and then I get another bill for an early termination fee. When I called to tell them that I did not terminate because I chose to, I had to terminate because they could not provide services in that area. They DID NOT CARE and I went over the manager's head...they told me if I did not pay for it then I would be turned over to collections...and they did... and it showed up on my credit report!!! And wouldn't you know...2 months later they set up Timewarner in that area, but now I could not cancel Windstream because I would have then had to pay Windstream and early termination fee. Timewarner has so much business and THEY TALK about how much they value their customers, but they know that with every cancellation, they will have 3 more to sign up, probably because they have the market so monopolized that people really don't have much of a choice. Although I hate Windstream, I will remain with them because they actually seem to care about the customers (even if they do have crappy service). TIMEWARNER CABLE...SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT PUTTING YOUR CUSTOMERS FIRST AND NOT APPRECIATING THE ONES WHO ARE LOYAL TO YOU!!!

Cp

Comments

• Me
      9th of Jun, 2009
    TimeWarner Cable - $100 rebate gift card
    Time Warner Cable
    Hacienda Heights
    California

Ordered the bundle package in November. Was given papers to submit for $100.00 rebate gift card.

I have called 8 times and given a different answer everytime...There is NO REBATE...it is a scam

• Sh
      8th of Oct, 2012

YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS!!! MUCH BETTER THAN TIME WARNER AND WINDSTREAM!!!