Complaints & Reviews

Pron you did not rent

Please let me know: If you have NOT rented pron and were not home but, now you are getting charged for it...

Terrible company

Employee to install phone services. Improper procedure resulted in costly damage to my alarm system. Interupted TV service, cancelled my VCR connection against my wishes, did not followup on appointments to correct the installation as promised, refused to accept responsibility for alarm damage or reimbursing the $50 cost of repair to alarm syatem. Were rude when asked for explanation of charges that seemed excessive, put me on hold so they could talk to someone about the situation, left me holding the phone until I got a dial tone, and never responded adequately to my problem.

I cannot recommend them to anyone and will be cancelling my internet service with them in the very near future.

damage to property and poor service

If you are considering signing on with Time-Warner, you may want to read this before you do. We have both...

customer service and internet and phone svc

I have two computers and whenever (daily) I need to switch computers on the internet I have to call and have Time Warner reset the modem and whenever I have to do that it is a living hell to accomplish. Every time (and specifically the last two nights) I call in I get cut off repeatedly, tonight it was NINE TIMES and every time I call back I am getting more and more angry and then I have to go through their voice prompts and then whoever finally answers I have to tell them my name, my phone number, my address, my last four of my social and my email address, at which time I start to tell them what I need and I am very upset and then (after announcing that THEY VALUE ME AS A CUSTOMER) they proceed to lecture me on not being upset and being POLITE to them when I would be perfectly POLITE if they quit cutting me off. So tonight after nine calls and nearly losing my mind I got lectured by KEN twice about how I should be polite and no one bothers TO VALUE ME
AS A CUSTOMER.

You call in and they cut you off repeatedly and then you lose it and then they hassle you about that instead of helping you get your computer connected.

I was perfectly fine and sane and polite when I first called them but how many times do they think they can cut you off and then put you through the same rote information you have to give and never getting anywhere and trying to convince them YOU JUST NEED YOUR MODEM RESET but then they yammer on about other stuff and about how I'm not POLITE.

THEY SHOULD BE FIRED, every damn one for tormenting someone who is just trying to get their service to work AT A VERY HIGH PRICE AND shouldn't have to put up with being hassled and ridiculed when THEY KEEP CUTTING YOU OFF INSTEAD OF HELPING.

THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY ME FOR PUTING UP WITH THEIR SUCKY ATTITUDES.

I AM SOOOOOOO CANCELLING MY SERVICE.

• Co
    copycat357 Dec 10, 2009

Time Warner is billing me for movie I did not order during the day time while Im at work and their's nobody home. What do you thank about that? I was shocked to see 8 movie order 2 to 5 min apart and they dont want to do anything so good-bye TW

southren california

• Co
    copycat357 Dec 10, 2009

oh yes the movie are on thr same day

customer service stinks

The Internet connection was up for a totla of one day. Since then "Standby" light on the modem has been on and of course, no connection. Exchanged modem at their suggestion after hours of being on hold. Plugged the new modem and still "Stand by" light on. Try to call again. After more that 3 hours on hold, gave up. Called next morning, same wait. Hung up and called again this time to CANCEL service and could not get it done either...!!!
Their customer service STINKS. So sorry to have started with them in my new house. WHAT A MISTAKE!

• El
    Elizabeth A. Morgan Aug 05, 2009

Vonage is looking better each time. I should not take almost an hour to pay a bill online. whats with that?
    My 3Gig card does a better job. The only problem with it is getting a signal or go seven miles down the road to make it work. Time Warner should have seen this problem coming before selling their other services.
    If they cant fix a Band width problem what else are they not telling about?
    The price for their (All In One) service is overrated and over priced for the hassle of being a customer. I think the public service commission should be involved with this matter. Is bad enough that National Grid A.K.A National Greed gets away with a under $40.00 in change delivery charge for $1.45 worth of Natural gas.
    Why isn't the State of NY involved in the issues that are torturing consumers?

• Da
    David Maxim Feb 18, 2015

Time Warner really has dropped the ball on the customer service end.
    They are quick to charge $200 + dollars a month but the DVR has been replace Twice, new cable outside around the home replaced this spring and still yet the DVR needs reset almost once a week and if you don't check it then all your scheduled recordings will be blank.. Just really frustrated and ready to drop them like a hot potato!

false advertising; spurious billing issues

Time Warner states in clear, precise and unambiguos language on its website that all services are paid in advance of usage. I canceled my service after reading the FAQS on the website and communicating with an on-line TW rep under the belief that my service was paid before usage only to be hit with a $108.00 bill after I canceled.

In addition, they charged me $120.00 for a modem for internet service I never had. When I objected, they said it was for AOL internet service but their modem. I told them I never had an AOL DSL and demanded copies of all work orders and bills associated with this account.

I HAVE NEVER used AOL. Rather. I had AT&T internet. They claim I used the service for 5 years!! Now, they have turned the account over to a third party collection agency.

After I contacted the Mayor's office, they told me I misunderstood the on-line rep even though the rep said the same thing as the TW FAQS.

I am still waiting for some form of proof that I ever used the internet service but am being harrassed by phone and mail for unreturned equipment, that is. The modem.

• Ed
    Edward Bodine Mar 20, 2011

I have also experienced fraudulent billing from Time Warner.

Well after I started subscribing to TW, a channel lineup I did not order had appeared on my bill. At the time I had enabled auto pay and unwittingly paid it for months. When I called to correct the mistake, I was told of this policy - They will not refund mistaken (or perhaps fraudulent charges) older than 90 days. In this day and age of banking auto pay, to me, seems it seems it should be illegal to charge for a service one did not receieved despite having mistakenly paid the bill. Having copared notes with co-workers, friends and family, I was informed I am not alone in having been mischarged by Time Warner Cable.

• Ek
    Ekko_Johnny Apr 15, 2011

In noticing that my monthly bill continued to increase, I called and spoke with a representative named, David (who would not give me a last name, nor did he have an agent number) and was told that Time Warner increases their premiums at a slow increase - so the customer does not take the hit of a large increase.

I gotta tell you - Time Warner is about the most scandalous company existing these days. Increasing without notification is stealing. There is noting in the contract stating Time Warner may charge fees at random.
    Fortunately, I document each complaint and keep a record of each time the cable stops working. In the end, the executives who currently steal to send their children to college - will be doing without. It's a new era and companies like Time Warner will be hit with massive class action law suits in the next few years - enough to send their stock holders crying.

Stay persistent with the complaints and documentation. Time Warner has proven itself to have no boundaries when it comes to stealing from the public. They only continue to exist, because people don't speak up. By the way, this will be printed and mailed to Time Warner, as I will request it be placed with any other records associated with myself and Time warner.

promotional and billing errors

I received a notice in the mail saying that my promotional offer (as a new customer) was about to expire because the year was about to end. It said that my bill was going to increase, but that I would still be paying less than I would be next year.

Because of this notice, I decided I would call and downgrade my services. My bill had already increased ten dollars over the year, and I did not want to have to pay anymore than I was already paying for cable and internet. So I thought I would downgrade my channels or soemthing like that.

When I called and got transferred to the right department, I asked to downgrade my services because I had gotten the notice that my promotional offer was over. The man on the phone offered me a "price lock guarntee" (which is a misnomer. It wouldn't have actually locked the price I paid last month of 102.66, it would just make my bill go up ten dollars instead of twenty). I told him that I didn't want the price lock option because my bill had increased ten dollars over the past year and I wanted to keep my bill no higher than about what I was paying now, 103 dollars. so he came back and said I could get another promotional offer, which would decrease my bill to 90.07 after tax. Since a year ago I had paid 91 dollars, I thought this was a great option that would be affordable and what I had paid last year, and he said it would stay this price for a year. This was without actually having to downgrade anything. He said he put the offer in the computer, etc. and I thanked him and said goodbye.

Then when my bill came, of course, it was not for the 91 dollars. It was for 124 dollars. I called TWC and told them my story. I got transferred to another person. The lady on the phone told me that there was no way that anyone could've offered me such a low price. I had written down the before tax and after tax price I was quoted, as well as the date I called, and told her this info. She told me that the best deal she could do for me was the price lock guarantee because the offer I was quoting just didn't exist. I insisted someone had told me this price and this is the price I intended to pay, at least for this month. After denying that this could've even happened, she finally gave (after putting me on hold for a while) and told me she guessed there WAS a way I could've been offered this price, but that the employee on the phone had made a mistake and I shouldn't have been offered the deal. I told her then that that person should've called me back when they realized that the mistake had been made, so that I wouldn't have received a bill 35 dollars more than what I expected. I said that if they had called me and told me of the error, I would've again called back and actually had them downgrade my services because I was not about to pay 35 more dollars than I was told I would have to pay.

She then said that she would submit an "evaluations report" which basically lets the "higher ups" there know that this had happened and that they would call me back and see what they could do for me. She said they would call back within 5 to 7 business days. I told her that my bill was due on that seventh business day and I was not intending to pay such a high bill. She promised they would call me back and resolve the issue.

Fast forward to today, day eight. Of course, they never called me. Must be too busy playing golf. So I called TWC and told the lady on the phone what happened. OF COURSE, she said that there was no record of this on my account, the deal, the eval report, anything. She was clueless when I asked her what I should do or who I should talk to. Finally I asked her to transfer me to the "downgrade services" people and just downgrade my services and be done with it. She did so and of course the lady tried to give me the "price lock guarantee" thing again. I insisted that I did not want to pay that much and therefore would need to downgrade my services.

What do you know, she came back with an offer of me only having to pay 93 dollars for the next twelve months. I said, no offense, but are you sure? Because this happened to me about a month ago... she told me that I would in fact be paying 93 dollars after tax next month. God only knows what my bill will really be next month...

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.

If TimeWarner were a person it would best be described as a pathological liar: They will say one thing and do whatever is most convenient for them.

I have made a hobby out of rescuing people from TimeWarner. They screwed me out of $1000 so I plan to cost them orders of magnitude more in customer loss.

Send ALL letters to "the office of the president" for your territory.

If you continue to be defrauded by TWC file a FORMAL complaint with the "Public Utilities Commission"

• Harsh Realities Jul 19, 2009

Before I upgraded to FIOS from RoadRunner, getting 50% more bandwith and 100% less problems all for about 45% less money, I canceled the phone portion of my account.

I recommend you shop around for a VoIP (voice over IP) phone provider that has the features- and price you want.

Some top rated providers, some of which I have personally tested include:

viatalk.com
    voicepulse.com
    future-nine.com
    callcentric.com
    voip.ms
    voipo.com

TWC is offering the same phone "feature" set as available from the Bells in the late 1970s. That's yet another way they gouge you.

If you are a little adventurous research the feasibility of setting up an asterisk server in your home to save serious cash on your phone costs. A user friendlier option is PBX in a flash; "orgasmatron" is a popular ready-to-go package. Once you swallow the cost of a server, as little as $300, you can get flat rate incoming calls for as little as $3 per month (or pay by minute rates similar to outgoing) and outgoing calls billed as little as $0.0105/min. You will make NO sacrafice in quality when correctly configured unlike some of the other choices in the market.

G711 flawless quality awaits.

• Vi
    Virginiam Sep 04, 2010

They have screwed me to.I cant believe how they screw the bill up!!
    I turned them in to FCC who is now investagating them!!!
    Virginia

• Vi
    Virginiam Sep 04, 2010

They have screwed me too.I cant believe how they screw the bill up!!
    I turned them in to FCC who is now investigating them!!!Everyone who has trouble with them should report them to FCC.

• Be
    Betty Meadows Nov 01, 2010

Three bills none the same - one $124.95 & letter teling me that my basic was expiring and the new price was $124.95 for the next 2 years and if I was in agreement I did not have to do anything it would be automatic...I then got a bill for $164.89. When I called about that the person I spoke with lowered it to $143.50 for one year contracrt..I have been trying for a week to find out WHAT I owe...It should be $124.95 for a time of two years...

• Wr
    wrencher48 May 06, 2011

TIME WARNER CABLE AND ITS REPS ARE ALL IDIOTS, WHEN I LEFT YUMA AZ. ON APRIL 6-2011 TO RETURN TO CANADA I BROUGHT THE EQUIPMENT BACK TO THERE OFFICE AS TOLD WHEN ALL WAS SAID & DONE I HAD A $38 .18 CREDIT AND ALL SERVICES WERE CANCELED THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A REFUND CHECK TO MY CANADIAN FINAL BILLING ADDRESS WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO OR BY END OF MONTH ( APRIL ) WELL ITS MAY AND STILL NO CHECK SO LOOKED ON MY U.S.A. BANK ACCOUNT FIGURING THEY MAY HAVE JUST CREDITED BACK TO MY AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL ACCOUNT BUT WHAT DO I FIND SURPRISE SURPRISE THEY TOOK ANOTHER PAYMENT OF $172.75 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FOR APRIL SERVICES AND ANOTHER PAYMENT WAS DUE TO BE TAKEN OUT SHORTLY IN MAY ACCORDING TO THERE AUTOMATED PHONE SERVICE

I CALLED THE YUMA OFFICE AND WAS TOLD THAT UNTIL A TECH OR SERVICE GUY WENT OUT AND PHYSICALLY DISCONNECTED IT AT THE BOX IT WAS STILL CLASSED AS A WORKING SITE !!! HOW COME THEY CAN TURN IT OFF & ON REMOTELY BUT AFTER YOU CLOSE YOUR SERVICE OFF AND THEY HAVE ALL THE EQUIPMENT BACK AND ACCESS TO AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL THEY CANT DO THAT ???? ( TODAY IS MAY 06-2011 ) AND HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET THERE UNTIL AROUND MAY 21 TO UNHOOK IT BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAVE SO MANY TECHS THAT DO THE DISCONNECTS !!! COME ON THE SNOWBIRDS ARE ALL GONE HOME AND WHEN IM THERE FOR 6 MONTHS IN THE WINTER I SEE AT LEAST 3 OR 4 TIME WARNER TRUCKS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD EVERY DAY SO THAT WAS A B.S. STORY
    GUARANTEED
    IF YOU HAD A BOX HOOKED UP TO MY CABLE LINE RIGHT NOW THERE WOULD BE NO SERVICE GOING TO IT !!!
    BUT THAT AFTER THAT HAPPENS ( MANUAL DISCONNECT ) MY CREDITS WOULD DATE BACK TO APRIL 6 FOR MY CREDIT AND I SHOULD GET A REFUND OF $207.93 IN 4 - 6 WEEKS AFTER THE DISCONNECT GUY GETS THERE
    SO IN OTHER WORDS 3-4 MONTHS OF THEM WITH YOUR MONEY IN THERE ACCOUNT
    AND WHEN I ASKED IF I WOULD GET INTEREST ON MY MONEY LIKE MY BANK GIVES ME WHILE THEY HAD IT AND SHOULDN'T HAVE THEY LAUGHED AND SAID NO ITS NOT THERE POLICY ONLY TO CHARGE CUSTOMERS LATE FEES AND PENALTIES IF THEY WERE LATE ON PAYMENTS BUT NOT IF THEY OWED YOU MONEY AND 3 - 4 MONTHS TO GET A REFUND BECAUSE OF THERE STUPIDITY AND LACK OF WORKERS IS A JOKE SO I DECIDED TO CALL HEAD OFFICE TO SEE IF I COULD GET SOME BETTER RESULTS THAN THE REP I TALKED TO IN YUMA BECAUSE AS I GOT MADDER AT HER I COULD HEAR HER GIGGLING AND LAUGHING EVER SO QUIETLY ALONG WITH OTHERS IN THE BACKGROUND

I CALLED HEAD OFFICE AND ASKED TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR AFTER A LONG WAIT I GOT TO TALK TO ANOTHER WOMAN EXPLAINED MY SITUATION AND JUST LIKE IT WAS BEING READ FROM A MANUAL SHE BASICALLY SAID AND TOLD ME THE SAME THING AND THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THEY COULD DO FOR ME JUST WAIT TILL MIDDLE TO END OF JULY AND I SHOULD BE GETTING A REFUND CHECK

WELL SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COURTESY THEY BOTH SOUNDED LIKE THEY DIDNT REALLY GIVE A SH*T AND WE HAVE TO PLAY BY THERE RULES SO SUCK IT UP

I WILL NEVER USE THERE SERVICES AGAIN, THERE TURBO INTERNET WAS ALSO 2- 3 TIMES SLOWER THAN IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE MOST TIMES BUT THERE EXCUSE WAS ALWAYS TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, BAD LINES, ETC

CONSUMER BEWARE DO NOT USE TIME WARNER FOR ANYTHING BUT IF YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T USE THE AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL SYSTEM THEY TELL YOU IS MORE CONVENIENT AS IT ONLY EASIER FOR THEM TO TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN ITS NOT THERE'S AND DECIDE AT THERE DISCRETION WHEN THEY WILL RETURN IT TO YOU

SINCE THIS HAPPENED I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR STORIES ONLINE, I CANT BELIEVE A COMPANY THAT BIG CAN GET AWAY OPERATING LIKE THAT WITH NO ONE TO HOLD ACCOUNTABLE TO FOR THE CRAPPY SERVICE AND ATTITUDE WITH THERE CUSTOMERS THEY SHOULD BE SUED BY ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE HAD SO MANY BAD EXPERIENCES WITH THEM AND IF SOMEONE DECIDES TO START A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THEM FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AS I WOULD JOIN THE ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM
    SOMEONE MUST KNOW A GOOD LAWYER OUT THERE THAT COULD PUT THEM IN THERE PLACE FOR THE WAY THEY RAPE & TREAT THERE CUSTOMERS AND BASICALLY LAUGH IN OUR FACES WHEN WE DEMAND ANSWERS OR SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THEY HAVE CREATED FOR US

slower than dialup

road runner from time warner is supposed to be 6 mb download speed but ever since they added their phone service to my area my internet speed has been intermittent most of the day it isnt even as fast as dial up downloading at 150-200 kb instead of the 6000kb or (6mb) its supposed to be in the ads and contract they have you sign.they are crooks getting rich off promised services they cant deliver.I should have known not to trust them after a few years back i cancelled service and they had a month anytime during the day to pick up cable box when i moved and they didnt they said i had to return it to a pay center about 20 miles away, my lawyer said they delivered it they had to pick it up i didnt have to drop it off so they charged my closed account 650.dollars for the box i filed it under bankruptcy then the bill changed from being charged 650. for the box to 650. for cable service 5 years later after filing it under bankruptcy its still on the bill well then I needed internet they seemed reasonable then they wiped the slate clean finally and i got road runner now i know why the finnally waived because they suck and now im geeting ripped off by paying for high speed thats slower than dialup!!!

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.
    Yes, on paper, sent via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or your favorite flavor.

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in WRITING.

Follow EACH phone conversation with a snail-mail summary of your conversation to the place you send your bills. Include your name, address, and account number.

...

remember you CAN also sue them in small claims court. In most jurisdictions the filing fee is about $60. WHEN you win your case you will recoup this investment.

I recovered most of my money from TWC and you can too. I have since upgraded to FIOS. I hope it is available in your area. :)

John H Terry Nov 05, 2010

Attempt to cancel trial subscription for their mobile devise. I cancelled within the 30 day period, waited 45 days for return label (which still have not received) and still be billed.

This company has the most ignorant customer service!!

If you receive a call to switch to their server - RUN

fraudulent business practices

From the offset Charter misrepresented their product and services. After installation of cable service I...

time warner fraud

I want to let you know that the way Tme Warner process new accounts they help the crook fraud people. What...

charges for unused service

A Letter to Time Warner Cable (Mailed on 6/24/09) Dear Sirs, I am reluctant to write as I don’t...

$100 gift cards

The Short Story:

• After putting me through over seven months of effort, more than fifteen phone calls, and a tremendous amount of aggravation, Time Warner/Saveology (subsidiary of Elephant Group, Inc.)/Private Network Communications, Inc. could not even provide the full $100 that they promised when I signed up for their Fios “Triple Play” promotion. In the end, I only received $93.50.
• Ms. Luci at Private Network Communications has not returned my calls thus far.

Comments:

• Almost all of the people that I spoke to (below) were very polite. This was such a drawn out series of lapses and inactivity that it seems unfathomable to me that overall, it was simply an issue of incompetence or indifference among staff level employees. Is Time Warner/Saveology (subsidiary of Elephant Group, Inc.)/Private Network Communications, Inc. actually making a good faith effort to honor and issue all of the “gift cards” due to Time Warner’s customers or is something else happening here?
• When Time Warner outsources, they need to take some responsibility for the actions of the organizations that they hire.
• Does Time Warner effectively have a monopoly in NYC? Personally, I have no other option for cable television services.
• On the gift card instruction sheet provided by Saveology, no mention is made anywhere of “Private Network Communications” although they perform most of the customer services and administrative functions regarding the “gift card”.
• Many of the calls that I made to Saveology have not been documented.
• I spelled the names of all employees phonetically; they may be misspelled.

The Long Story:

1. On 10/12/2008, I signed on for Time Warner Fios “Triple Play”, and was promised a $100 Mastercard gift card.

2. On 11/16/2008 I completed and mailed the “Time Warner Cable Promotion Redemption Form” in order to receive my $100 Saveology gift card. The form indicates that a card should be received 16-18 weeks after all qualifications and subscriber obligations are satisfied.

3. On 2/2/2009, I spoke to Jennifer at Saveology, requesting the status of my $100 gift card. She informed me that I did not use the proper rebate ID in completing the redemption form, and instructed me to add the proper rebate ID to my copy of the form, and fax it to Saveology.

4. On 5/8/09 I requested the status of my card from Jenel at Saveology. Jenel informed me that they did not receive my faxed, corrected, redemption form in February. When I stated that I have the successful fax confirmation, she again stated that the person who receives all faxes was not able to locate it. She asked me to fax it again, and told me that she would call me back to confirm that they had received it this time.

5. On 5/8/09, after not hearing back from Jenel for a several hours, I called Jenel myself, and she confirmed that she did receive my corrected redemption form. Upon my request, Jenel stated that since they have been delinquent in processing my card, she was willing bring my redemption form to her supervisor in order to expedite it more quickly.

6. On 5/28/09 I requested the status of my card from Deedee at Saveology. Deedee stated that my redemption form was in fact escalated to a Supervisor on 5/11/09, but that no progress had been made. Deedee stated that she did not know what the issue was or why the Supervisor had not acted since receiving the form on 5/11/09. Deedee volunteered to look in to why my card had not been processed and call me back on 5/29/09.

7. On 6/3/09, I attempted to call Saveology five times using the “Offer Redemption Center” phone number provided on the Redemption form of [protected], but each time I receive a message stating that the phone number is out of service.

8. Again on 6/3/09 I finally reached Saveology by calling a phone number on their website, once again to request the status of my card. I reached Amy (ID#191) in Customer Service, and requested to speak to Deedee. I was told that Deedee was having lunch. I explained my frustrating situation to Amy, and Amy stated that if she could put me on hold for a few minutes she would find out as much as she could about my situation from her colleagues. Within five minutes, Amy discovered that my card had indeed been mailed to me in March. When I asked why nobody else at Saveology could figure this out for me, Amy did not have an answer. Amy provided me with the name and phone number of the person at the company who is responsible for issuing the cards. Amy did not know the name of the company who had this responsibility.

9. On 6/3/09, I spoke to the Executive Vice President of Private Network Communications. He informed me that a card had been mailed to me in March, but that it did not have any charges against it. I told him that I did not receive the card. He confirmed my name and address, and said that I should have my card within 7-10 days.

10. I received the card with its instructions in the mail on 6/10/09.

11. On 6/11/09 I attempted to activate the card through the automated menu, but did not have the required PIN number to do so. The instruction sheet that the card came attached to indicated that the PIN number should be on the instruction sheet, right where the card had been attached, but there was no such number printed. I reached a customer service rep who was able to activate the card anyway.

12. On 6/12/09 I attempted to make a purchase with the card, but apparently any use of a debit card requires a PIN number, which I did not have.

13. Also on 6/15/09, I called Saveology for help, read my card number to the customer service rep, and they told me that my PIN number would be right behind where the card was attached on the instruction sheet. I told them that no such PIN number was printed, so she transferred me to “Cardholder Services”, which is part of Private Network Communications, Inc.

14. After reading my card number to Robert, at Private Network Communications, told me that my card actually did not have a PIN number, and needs to be used as a Credit Card, as opposed to a Debit Card. When I explained to Robert that my card has “Debit” printed on it, and the instruction sheet indicates that I should have a PIN number, he apologized, but offered no explanation of what may have gone wrong.

15. Also on 6/15/09, I successfully made a $79 purchase using the Saveology card as a credit card.

16. On 6/16/09 I attempted to make a purchase using the remaining balance on the card. I attempted to make the $21 purchase using the card first as a credit card, then as a debit card. Both times, the card was rejected.

17. On 6/17/09, I spoke to Jenel at Saveology and explained that the previous rep that I spoke to transferred me to Cardholder Services in an attempt to help resolve the issue of my remaining balance, but I cannot reach anyone there because the automated menu requires a PIN number, which, in my case, I do not have. Jenel told me that there was nothing that she could do because Cardholder Services is handled by an entirely different company.

18. Also on 6/17/09, I called Saveology again, and reached Casandra. I explained my dilemma about the remaining balance on my card, as well as the fact that I do not have a PIN number. Casandra was able to provide me with a different phone number for Cardholder Services which does not require a PIN number.

19. Also on 6/17/09, unable to reach anyone in person, I left a voicemail for Theresa Luci (spelling?) at Private Network Communications, using the phone number given to me by Casandra. In my message, I explained the issue about the remaining balance on my card, and asked her to call me.

20. On 6/18/09, I left a second voicemail for Theresa Luci at Private Network Communications, asking her to call me. I tried to reach Ms. Luci five different times by phone between 6/17/09 & 6/18/09.

21. Also on 6/18/09, at a store, I was able to determine that there was actually only $14.50 remaining on my card, and that was why the $21 purchase had been rejected.

22. After all this work to obtain my “gift card” and to actually get it working, Time Warner/Saveology/Private Network Communications had only given me a $93.50 “gift card”, not the $100 actually promised.

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.

TimeWarner as an entity can best be described as a pathological liar.

They will say one thing and do whatever is most convenient for them.

I have made a hobby out of rescuing people from TimeWarner.

• Au
    aurora234 Feb 06, 2011

don't trust this company, switch to another company if you can

• Ms
    Ms Nancy Carr Dec 30, 2011

I too put in a request for my gift card over 8 weeks ago and I have not heard anything or received a letter in mail on it.. It was for 100 gift card as well..I switch from Cricket to Time Warner wireless Internet..Went to the Time Warner Store and the Rep put in the information. I got a copy of my last bill from Cricket and send the copy of it in to Time Warner as was instructed to do. I hope I get my card soon.. Thank you Nancy Carr

• Sy
    synch7 Jan 09, 2012

i'm on the same boat. several calls later, i've been told my Gift Card should be on it's way within 6-8wks. i got so much runaround, i was frustrated. i got bounced back between TWC and the Rebate Center itself. if at the end of this month i get nothing in the mail, i will be VERY upset and have another reason to hate TWC.

fraudulent company

Charter Communications denied my request to order the UFC fight on Sat. April 18, 2009. Their reason was because I had an overdue balance. It is true, I did have an overdue balance, however, when I paid my bill on March 28, 2009 (only 3 weeks before), I asked what the minimum payment was to avoid disconnection. They told me 100.00 of the total bill of 140.00.

I paid the 100.00 and the 40.00 would carry over to the next 'Billing Cycle' as we agreed. Low and behold, on April 16, 2009 they disconnected my cable. I couldn't believe it!! When I called in protest, they put my cable back on because by rights, I had 2 weeks left of the 'Billing Cycle' to pay the current bill which is 140.00 + the 40.00 that carried over. I already let them know I would pay the 180.00 on Mon. April 20, 2009, which is only 4 days into the current 'billing cycle' and then they denied my request to see the UFC.

My resolution is to discontinue Charter Services as soon as I get an appointment with Satellite Cable Services. Anyone out there who wants to try Charter or who has Charter, beware that their billing statements are very deceptive and sometimes they will add false charges for 'Adult Movies' knowing that most customers won't even notice it and pay it. This happened to me a few times and it cost Charter some serious money in litigation fees as a result of my taking the matter to court.

Beware customers of Charter!!! Look at your bills closely if you don't want to get cheated by Charter who is owned by the 4th richest man in the world, Paul G. Allen. Shame on you Paul G. Allen because quite a bit of your money is dirty money in my opinion!!!

• Jd
    jdtech Jan 05, 2010

I worked for charter in their video repair department. That $40, would still have been past due in the system, no one can change that, and when there is a past due on a account, the automated billing system will turn ppv and video on demand (VOD) off, this is automatic and no one change override it, as for the bill, it is quite straight forward, and no we do not charge you for adult ppv videos unless you either call in and order them or you order them through the remote, the video on demand can only be ordered throught the remote. I have had people call in about movies that they say they did not order, but it always turned out to be they either ordered it by mistake or it was one of their kids or their spouse or a friend that was staying there, or it was a contractot they had in doing work, I had one person claim it was their dog, but they then admitted that they ordered it, so you should check what times the movies were ordered and see if any one was home.

• Th
    Themost951 Jun 24, 2011

Charter sucks! They have now charged me for 2 UFC fights I never ordered! When I talk to their customer service departments they act like I am a liar! I work at Buffalo Wild Wings I work during the UFC fight and watch it for free while I work! Why would I order the fight and pay $50.00 when I am at work watching it for free? Charter is a lying cheating company that I wish I could get rid of! It sucks that Satelite is the only other option in my area because Charter always screws up my bill like they did yours! They have their out sourced company call me I make a payment and still get shut off because they are out sourced! Charter get your crap together because your customer service sucks!!

price lock not locked

I agreed to do the price lock with Time Warner when my bill went up 2 months ago. They quoted me a lower price for 12 months and the first month the bill was right and then it went up the next month. When I called in, they said I had other promotions expiring even though they didn't tell me this when I agreed to the price lock. They weren't willing to adjust the billing to the promised amount, and when I mentioned that I could take my business elsewhere they asked me what date I would like to stop the service vs. trying to keep a valuable customer. We are and have been paying over $150 a month for over a year now. You would think that I company like Time Warner would instruct their reps. to give accurate pricing and would also value a current customer more than they do.

• B1
    B1gjohn May 13, 2010

I had this same problem. I looked in @$99 yet they started charging me$106 now up to $112. This went on for two years. When I called they said they never put in the codes so im out the money. I cant belive it its crazy.

• Al
    Alfonzo1 Dec 20, 2010

Same issue. They said I had a two year contract... with a price lock guaranty. Apparently I am obligated, and they aren't. In less than a year into the contract the bill has gone from $130/mo to >$160 for the same service. When I called them to resolve, they said the price lock applied to PART of the charges (the $130/mo)... a clarification they conveniently missed when we discussed it the first time. The rep also promised a changeover to the most current HD DVRs instead of our 8 yr old Scientific Atlanta boxes. I got only 1 of them after standing in line 3 times (3.5 hrs total) over 6 months and ultimately getting the TWC office manager to help. So I could get back to $130, I would just have to return a DVR, eliminate HBO, and opt for much slower internet. By doing that, I would eliminate most of the rationale for going with TWC over U-Verse in the first place. Where is the FCC and the state consumer protection/justice department as this doesn't appear to be an isolated incidence of bait and switch.

Customer Abuse

Please forward this to as many friends as you can. If you have suffered damges, loss of work, technicians who did not show up, paid for services not recieved, please join this class action law suit naming Charter and related service technicians including private contractors as the defendant. In order to insure fair awareness to all of it's constituents who have been treated unfairly by Charter Communications this email will also be sent independently through SMRO, Inc at [protected]@aol.com Please sign the online petition and forward it as you recieve it through the mass mail to: Jim Harnage 121 Ben Daniels Farm Rd. Statenville, Georgia [protected]

• Gr
    Greg Sanders Jun 04, 2008

I do not like Charters Service! CSR's never know what they are talking about.

• SMRO, Inc Silent Ministries Recovery Outreach, Inc Consumer Advocacy and Eldery Advocacy has over 3600 constituents and growing. This ministry advocacy is strongly honored and blessed by key Americans who have the mouth piece to assist this petition.
    This is a worthy project.

• Wo
    wolf285 Aug 06, 2009

if people pay you for cable its your requirement to fix problems not consumers. i can't help it if coustomers are afraid to stand up to thier rights.but i won't be abused by your company.i get better pictures from free direct tv boxes why should i pay to get limited service?

• Le
    letspik Dec 10, 2011

I had charter come over many times to see why I was not able to send out searches-- and they said their service was perfect. I called a professional- who in 10 minutes told me the DNS server for charter was not working- he switched me to a public DNS and that problem is over. 2) Internet Service has gone out in our area a few times in the last month- after one outage- I could not get the "Windows Mail" to work- I set everything just as shown on the website.. which is different that the service people told me- neither works.. they said it would go to a higher level and they'd call me- no call. 3) I have a 4G cell phone.. and sometimes it will not refresh for charter email... says I have sign in problems- then it works again. I have spent maybe 20 hours dealing with charter and all the problems.. I'm really tired of them-- wish I had a viable alternative-- maybe I do with AT&T? I also switched recently to dish- and love the flexibility and even more channels for less price.. I even watch the TV on the smart phone- any channel I have at home- pretty cool-- Why is Charter always a problem? Oh- now charter has talked me into a modem/ router combo for $9+ more a month-- says that will help-- I see no difference- just keep paying and paying.

charged hefty international calling rates

I have had the complete suite of Time Warner Cable services for more than a year now - Cable, Internet, Phone...

excess charges, rudeness in customer service

Charter Communications put a charge on my monthly bill for a service I did not request to include a one-time...

Horrible, horrible customer service

After being a loyal customer to Charter for over 4 years, I canceled my services today. I had the worst customer service ever. The four individuals (2 service reps and 2 managers) that I spoke with to try get a billing mistake resolved did absolutely nothing to help. In fact, not only did they not help but they were accusatory. It is absolutely bad business practice. This experience is a reflection of Charter as a brand that completely disregards the value of a loyal customer. I will do my very best to make sure that people are aware of this until which time Charter takes action to rectify the numerous wrongs that they have made to me and those on this forum.

worst service of cable ever...

Somehow our cable got disconnected. I called and the lady said my bills was late. I had it set up on auto...

scam charges

Paul G. Allen is the fourth richest man in the world but yet he doesn't respond when someone contacts him and his company, Charter Communications about their fraudulent billing practices. There is no doubt that he does know that there are many complaints about xxx-movie charges placed on customer's bills for movies they never ordered or watched. In many cases the customer wasn't even home to order or watch the xxx-movies!!!

Shame on you Paul G. Allen!! You come on as a good guy by giving millions to the needy but it is all dirty money. Do you feel good about yourself knowing your company cheats millions of customers? I'd feel less than human to do such a thing. Beware of Charter and anyone who knows they cheat and does nothing about it.

What do people think about drug dealers and their dirty money? I bet you know, Paul G. Allen. Dirty money is dirty money whether it is made by drug dealers or the fourth richest man in the world who lets his company cheat people when he has the power to clean house of these dirty vermin who want to make evil profits.

• Pa
    Paul Mar 09, 2009

I have had Charter Communications as my cable and internet provider for over a year. At the beginning there were many issues regarding service and quality. After resolving the initial issues everything was going smooth...Until recently when I was charged for 15 ADULT MOVIES at $12.99 each. At first when I heard I was being charged adult movies I thought that maybe some friends that had stayed over had purchased them without me knowing. However after finding that the movies totaled 15 and learning of the dates and times they were ordered I realized that none of them were possibly ordered from my box.

Charter has been very uncooperative with my efforts to resolve the issue. Ironically the first customer service rep I spoke with told me that he had indeed confirmed the movies were not ordered from my box. However a month later I received a notice of disconnect from charter unless I paid my over due bill of over $400. I was a month behind and knew I was also being charged for the month to come, however I was confused at the extra $200. Through an online chat I discovered that the adult movies had never been removed. I still refused to pay. Now months later my service has been interrupted and my internet has been disconnected. I have spoken with countless reps and they aren't budging. They tried to negotiate with me offering to remove 3 movies, and of course knowing I didn't order any of them I refused. They are also continuing to bill my normal amount, which accounts for a HD/DVR box with several movie channels in my package and the internet service, even though I haven't had any of that for over a month.

After enough conversations I was told someone would come out to my house to audit my box to see if the movies had indeed been ordered from the box in my home. After waiting for the service tech to arrive, which he/she never did, I was left wondering what the issue was. I then discovered that because my bill was not paid no work order filed on my account would be serviced until the balance that very balance was paid. This leaves me with the situation that the issue I have regarding the ADULT MOVIES and my refusal to pay for those charges can only be resolved with an audit on my box done by a service tech, WHO WILL NEVER SHOW UP BECAUSE I WON'T PAY THE BILL.

It seems I have entered into a conflict with the worst run company on Earth. I have no other options at this point. I won't pay Charter because I didn't order the movies and they won't help me prove that until I pay them. Charter recently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy...I wonder why.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices