Tim Hortons / no raise in over four years of working

Sault Ste Marie, ON, Canada Review updated:

I had the opportunity to work at Tim Horton's for just under four years. When I started I was told that every six months employees would go through a review of their labour. In my four years of working at Tim Horton's not once did this happen. I feel as though this goes against the labour board somehow. The owners of this particular Tim Horton's treated their employees as they were somehow less of a person. The only reason I left Tim Horton's was because I found a job in my field. The other employees and management were a joy to work with. I feel as though something seriously needs to change with the way the owners run their restaurant. The building itself is old, with old equipment that is falling apart. With no incentives for staff, especially with no raises that makes it seem as though they do not follow labour guidelines. I wanted to leave this establishment knowing that the rest of the terrific employees that I worked with had a chance for a raise. To me this system of no raises just doesn't seem right.

Ne
Oct 28, 2016

Comments

• Re
      29th of Oct, 2016

I agree!!! screw the soo Ontario tim hortons.

• Wi
      29th of Oct, 2016

Against the labor board? No company is required by law to give you raises unless you sign a contract stating so.

• We
      30th of Oct, 2016

Four years is about 3 years and 6 months too long to go without a raise.