Telus Communications

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 by

mobility service migration to an employee corporate account (epp)

Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
telus.com
My husband and I have a consumer mobility account with Telus. Our 3 year contract ended Nov 9th. I recently learned as an AHS employee I can migrate our account to an AHS special offer for employees. The account is in his name and needed to be changed to my name.

So in early October I started the process and called Telus to switch to the EPP. I was told I would need to wait until Nov 9th and was provided with a phone number and an email link to complete the process on Nov 9th. On November 9th I called the phone number I was given and was told my husband would have to call in and authorize his permission that I leave our account. I would have to set up my own account. This agent was very unknowledgable and put me on hold several times and was asking a colleague several questions during the course of the call. My time on the phone was 30 minutes. Next, my husband called the number were given in October and was on hold for 30 minutes. He hung up and dialed 611 and was on hold for 40 minutes the second time. Finally an agent took the call and made notes that I had permission to leave the account and/or adjust anything on the account. Meanwhile I dialed 611 on my phone to arrange for completing the migration. After 50 minutes an agent answered the phone and informed me the process I was given was incorrect and I would need to call the original number I was given the next day and arrange for process to be done. He also took notes that I had permission to manage the account we currently had. Today I called the initial number I was given and was told I was given the wrong information and I did not need to leave the account at all and that my husband just needed to call Telus and have the name of the account switched to my name with me as the primary and then I could go into the link and complete the migration. My husband called 611 this morning and was on hold for 30 minutes before an agent answered the phone. He requested the account be moved to my name and we were told this is an entirely different person on the account and a credit check would need to be done and a $35 dollar charge would be applied on the next bill for this. I was beyond frustrated at this point and explained what and why we were doing this. The agent transferred my call to corporate care and the process was pretty simple at this point. The agent created a new account under my name, confirmed my employment via a letter I sent to corporate care the night before, took my drivers license number for a credit check and then migrated both phones into the bring your own device plan. All in all we have spent a good 6 hours doing this process and were given wrong information by many agents and were on hold waiting for agents for multiple hours. This is insane. We were also given misinformation regarding the hours of the corporate care department.

I feel Telus is extremely arrogant when it comes to the service they provide. I was even told they had over 3 million customers and they do their best. It would be very refreshing to see more competition in this industry.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree