Telus Communicationsemail account

G Nov 27, 2017

My wife and I sold our business in 2013. At the time of the sale, the purchaser agreed to open a new email account for the business as the email we had used for years included private and personal information. As the transfer of business was being done I tried to access my email and was blocked. As it turned out, Telus transferred my email account to another party without my consent or knowledge. When I confronted the new owner, he said he would take care of it. The next day, he informed me that everything was straightened out, however, because of the changes the password was changed. He gave me the new password and everything worked fine. I had no reason to doubt him and continued to use the account. Suddenly, 3 years later I get blocked from my email account. It turns out that the email was never transferred back into my name and that I have been using his email account. I am furious. First of all, how can Telus just transfer an account without permission? Isn't this against the law? It should be. When I talked to Telus they say there is nothing they can do because of the rules. Where were the rules when they transferred my account originally?