Telkom SA SOC / loss of free airtime
I changed my service provider from Vodacom to Telkom some time ago, as I preferred the cheaper rates that Telkom provided.
Lately, I have been very disillusioned at Telkom for 2 reasons;
1) I was sent an sms asking me to rate the service I had received from Telkom & I would get R10 free airtime. I duly dialled the *120* ... * answered all the questions rating Telkom & their service from 1 (bad) - 5 (excellent). I rated all the questions 5. I was NOT awarded my R10 free airtime. I called the call center on 23rd Jan 2017 & lodged a complaint with ref [protected] & was told someone would call me within 72 working hours. A whole MONTH later, I received an sms stating my claim has been resolved, which it had not been. I again called the call center, only to be told Telkom had sent me an sms asking me to forward the first one relating to the free airtime ... I did NOT get that sms ... sorry they can't help me any further !!!
2) I buy airtime for R300, of which I exchange for 5g data @ R299 & I get R300 free airtime which expires in 7 days, the last expired on 22nd March 2017. This is the 2nd time this has happened whereby, I still have free airtime left but which I lose as it expired at MIDNIGHT of the 21st March 2017. The previous time, I lost more than R200 & now again I lost more than R100 free airtime !!! I called the call center yesterday & spoke to "Moosa" who said he would send me a ref no (no sms with any ref no came through) & again someone would contact me in 72 working hours.
I feel Telkom is STEALING my free airtime as it clearly states " YOUR FREE AIRTIME WILL EXPIRE ON THE 22ND MARCH 2017 " Now, when I went to school, expiry on any given day is MIDNIGHT OF THAT DATE, 22nd March, NOT MIDNIGHT 21st March !!!
I demand my free airtime of more than R300 which Telkom has stolen from me & in future, I will NEVER answer any more Telkom surveys nor recommend my friends & family to switch to Telkom !!!
I am really pissed off with this misleading information & will resort to social media expressing my dissatisfaction with Telkom !!!
More Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018