Tataindicom / Worst service

1 India Review updated:

Letmme start by saying I made a huge mistake. On a fine bright day, I applied for tata indicom connection via web. One of their personal came and told me about various offers. Finally I settled for 128kpbs /unlimited /prepaid (6 months) and gave him a cheque for Rs 4243 on 24-May -2007 .As usual he promised me that he will get a connection within 4 working days or “as soon as possible”. For next one month I regularly called their customer care or service personals ,nothing worked. Either they gave very vague answers or simply accepted my complaints.

Exactly on June 30th they gave me a connection. But disaster struck after 2 days, it stopped working. I raised a complaint and someone came to my home and replaced the router. It didn’t work. After couple of days, I got a call from Tata Indicom saying that my cheque bounced and that’s why they disabled my connection. Well I was taken aback, because when I checked last time, I could see that the amount had been withdrawn. I called the bank and they verified my claim and even told me they are willing to give me a statement supporting that. I called customer care and told them about that. They raised a complaint as usual with high priority with no response and this cycle continued for few more days. And finally they asked me “have you given a cheque for Rs 5 ?”. I thought that person is making fun of me and told him I never gave anything like that. Well he continued by saying that the actual price of this deal is Rs4248 and the marketing guy accepted Rs 4243 by mistake and he gave another cheque for Rs 5 from his pocket and it got bounced. Wow Well it was a bouncer for me. I tried explaining the customer folks there that this is their mistake and I have nothing to do with it. And I even tried explaining my pathetic position that I have already paid and never got my connection working more than 2 days. I pleaded that it is just a matter for “Rs 5” and requested them to enable my connection and I will settle this “Rs 5” somehow and remarked that I even pay Rs 5 for beggars. Now this time “thick skinned customer care” professional was adamant saying they won’t enable my connection unless I hand over a cheque for Rs 5 only at the main office at Whitefield, which is 30 km away from house.

Right now I don’t know how to express my real emotion.

Ra

Comments

Es
  6th of Oct, 2007

service number tata indicom on kanchipuram. please mail me.