Tata Motors / terrible service

1 India Review updated:

We very much regret to say that we are very much offended with the service that we have received from tata motors (hyderabad, andhra pradesh). the reason behind is that I have purchased a car tata indigo ls. initially I gave my card for servicing in tata motors, sanathnagar, hyderabad and got a very bad service from them. car washing done by them was the worst ever and any roadside washing center would have done 100 times better than this service center. it was a year back story. later I thought of changing the service center from sanathnagar tata motors to autofin ltd bowenpally as I don't have any other option as I had to get it serviced.

To start of, autofin ltd service center is at a awkward place in bowenpally where we do not have any transport facility once we drop our car for servicing. to start of the with the problems I faced with autofin ltd and the service advicer there.

1. service advicer gave me an estimation of servicing and repairs of rs.2600/-. when the car was ready in the evening he called me and informed me that the charges are now 3600/-.
When I asked him the reason he said he included some power steering pipe which was gone bad. here there are two things to say.
a) as per policy he should have informed me before actually changing/replacing any part which was not discussed and he dint feel like informing me as he says.
b) power steering pipe was changed exactly 4 month before by mallik motors as the oil from power steering pipe was leaking.
c) if the power steering pipe is broken then the oil should have leaked from it which was not the case either.

2. lights inside the car (roof top) and tail horn were not working as the fuse has gone wrong, so asked the service adviser to repair the fuse which hardly costs, when I came in the evening to my surprise, service adviser says that he replaced the lights inside the car instead of the fuse and he charged me for that again, here again he dint inform me before doing so.

3. as mentioned earlier autofin is located near a place where there is no auto or a bus stand available for any one to go.
I asked the service adviser if anyone can drop me to the nearest auto or bus stand and he refused saying they don't have any facility as such. but when I came back the next day to collect my car I saw a board mentioning that they drop customers who come and give their car for servicing to the nearest auto or bus stand. I don't know the reason but just for this I had to walk all the way around 1.5kms to find an auto for myself.

4. when I took back my car, to my shock again the car was not washed properly and I took a cloth by myself and cleaned my car in the service center itself as I know that they wont be able to that again.

I purchased my car 2.5 years ago and since then have the lots of problems with the service centers. tata motors mentions some core values on a wall board in all their service centers, truly there are core values for tata motors but just on boards, there is no one who can actually execute that.

Comments

• Vi
      4th of Jul, 2009

I am Vijayanand from Chennai I brought a Safari-VX of reg no: TN 09 BB 9999 in the name of v. yuvaraj ten months before from V.S.T. motors, Mount Road . For the past few months I am continuously facing corrosion problem in the vehicle. Last time when we given the vehicle for service we escalated the issue with service station and some tinkering work was done by the service station to remove it, now again and again the patches of corrosion was seen all over the places of my car. We already purchased 2 more vehicles of same model, there is no such issue with that two vehicles. We are afraid that entire shell will be corroded. So we requested the V.S.T. Motors and TATA Motors to replace our vehicle with a new shell. But they are not doing that. I am very much surprised that for a new vehicle itself they are not providing the warranty properly, if the vehicle crossing the warranty what will they do? We need this peoblem to be solved as soon as possible because our business was severely affected with out the vehicle. We need a permanent solution for this problem. Other wise we will take the legal actions against your company. A person from TATA Motors had spoken to me regarding this, but he refused to change the new one. That was very bad service provided by your company to me. For any details call 9884080140. email; pcvijayanand@gmail.com.