Having problems with MTA?

MTA Customer Service Contacts

2 Broadway, 4th floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MTA Customer Service. Initial MTA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MTA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MTA. Discuss the issues you have had with MTA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MTA Complaints & Reviews

MTABxm11

I always take Bxm11 I always get the bus at 2:14 the driver was speeding so he got there earlier than 2:14pm on January 27th 2021 when I ran across the street and waved at him to let me on he shook his head and left me standing in the cold that is Bxm11 (#3096) he should be dealt with because that bus was even empty so now I have to wait in the freezing cold for 30min

MTAny ez-pass

I had an account for Ezpass in NYS; I gave provided my bank information so that the system may collect per trip I make. There after, I did see money being deducted from my account, which I believed its for my tolls. However, they kept billing me while at the same time they are charging my bank account, which got me confused. I called them to inquire and was told that the charges were Not for the tolls but were for a monthly fee which I had no idea about. That caused my tolls to add up with a very high penalties making it reach over $10, 000. I kept calling but got no where.

MTAI have a half fare card with a disability n lady would not let me go threw gate I pay half fare with Medicaid card

I was going to desk with half fare Medicaid card n lady at cashier wouldn't let me three have her picture she was rude n nasty saying no one want to pay for fare just nasty please contact me at [protected] my names davie landis

Sep 12, 2020

MTA — ez pass toll and bridges mta

On Feb 2020 I went to DMV to make sure I had no outstanding tickets as I had done as long as I've had a...

MTAMTA Express Bus Driver

There is this one MTA Bus Driver on the SIM30 - today 3/11/20 bus number 2433, at approximately 7:30 am, he has the heater full blast on 82 degrees and 4 of us asked him nicely if he would kindly turn the heat down. He ignored us and the request. This is unacceptable since we are dealing with a Coronavirus outbreak and he has us dying on the bus. It's not like we can open a window to cool off and breathe. This is what he does everytime he operates the bus. One passenger ended up with a headache from the heat.

MTA Express Bus Driver
        MTA Express Bus Driver

MTABx29 bus to city island

I was waiting for the 29 bus to city island at about 11:40pm at the Fordham Street with my 4 year old daughter and the bus driver had seen us waiting for it and had his/her signal to stop at the bus stop, when he/she started to speed up passing the red light and passed us. The bus driver didn't even stop and kept on going. This isn't the first time that this happened to me. I think it's extremely rude and unprofessional!!! I took a picture of the number of the bus when I had to start walking and seen the driver pass on the opposite side.

Bx29 bus to city island

MTAsubway

11:10 pm arriving from amtrak going downtown waiting on express track - dec 25th.
            Many people waiting for a downtown express - many announcements and even a mta guy downstairs pointing out direction of how to find the local downtown track but no person or no announcement, sign or anything saying that downtown is not running express. We figured it out when we saw a train running local then we changed to local platform but many visitors arriving from sold out amtrak train did not and remained waiting for the non existent express train.
            Please it is a holiday season and people want to enjoy - they should not be wasting their valuable time in the lost mta time zones

Dec 04, 2019

MTA — card 21 dayescards

Julio cabera check intop motel room 1119 gungill rd bronx ny 10469 paidunlimtted card wintess 12-04-2019 card...

MTA$150 ticket s53 broadway, staten island, ny, 10310

I had checked to see if any buses or cars were
              Coming then i had pulled over by a bus stop and was dropping off someone and this bus had came down the street really fast and i was about to drive away but it stopped, and someone got off the bus and told me the bus driver had taken a picture of my license plate and sent me a ticket. I looked to my left and he pulled over to the left side of me, blocking the whole street saying, " hey, i just sent you a $150 ticket" and then i had said " oh no i just pulled over to drop someone off and i was about to drive away but this guy told me you gave me a ticket". So he gave me an attitude and said " oh don't worry, you'll just get a $150 ticket, Don't worry about it." He had given me a rude attitude while i had remained calm and tried explaining myself and unfairly stopped and took a picture of my license as soon as i was about to drive away, but i didn't because he sent some random man off the bus to tell me he sent me a ticket.

MTAsim35

11/12/19 at approx 450 pm at fingerboard road. First stop over the bridge. The driver of the sim 35 saw several people waiving him down and drove by us without stopping.one of the Coldest days of the year.
                Hispanic heavy set driver. Saw us waiving and didn't even think about stopping. How do I have this escalated within the mta. Absolutely terrible customer service.

MTAcomplaint about driver

Attention Sir/Madam

On today November 4th at 8:20am, I was at the intersection of Francis Lewis and Linden waiting for light to change. MTA bus number 8045 was at the bus stop unloading and taking on customers. I pull along side waiting for light to change as before mentioned.

The light changed and your bus driver pulls out, I notice he was coming into the same lane as me, maybe he didn't look in his mirror, so I began blowing my horn aggressively. He continued not yielding the right of way, almost taking my passenger side mirror off had not I gave up and let him in. Also, my grandson was in the back in his car seat. I was shocked at this drivers actions and feel he needs more training. Also, I followed as we were both turning on to Springfield Blvd, and he run the yellow light without yielding, and and he cross and was in the intersection the light change to red. I call that running a red light! Then stop at his next bus stop on the street.

MTAbx 6

Bx#6 On 10/21/19 @12:30 Jerome stop before River Ave .
                    Demanded documentation of my medical alert service dog, unethical, unprofessional continue to violate my title 111 ADA by be raiding me front of passengers .
                    I am visiting from Pennsylvania dog never been on public bus she compared his hesitant of hydraulic noise to my disability . Very uneducated driver.
                    Elizabeth Rivera [protected]@ptd.net
                    [protected]

MTAunethical behaviour

I am employed by the mta and on Oct. 15th 2018 i was sent on a random drug test which i failed due to me taking a cough syrup the night before that had codeine for my asthma it was a mistake and will never happen again. Dr. nadig who is now contracted by the mta to oversee my case has been unprofessional with me since day 1. he speaks to me about bodegas (spanish stores) being hungover, forced me to tell him why i have fmla which has been approved for 2 years with the mta with the appropriate parties that need to know not Dr. nadig. i have a open case with him with human resources and i was told i never have to see him again. Unfortunately the person that was in charge of my case has been promoted but the president of HR is aware of this situation. I was forced to see him on Oct. 3rd 2019. I was told i could not bring anyone with me. I fear that if we are in a room by ourself he will say i said something inappropriate or even say i physically threatend him. On this meeting he made his receptionist sit in and hear our conversation but i was denied to have someone sit in on my behalf. i was embarrassed and humiliated on the way he spoke to me and the picture he painted of me in front of his receptionist. He wanted to know what my medical leave was i keep saying are you talking about my fmla cause if so its a federal private act and i do not need to tell him. But being that he told me if i donot it will be longer before i receive my firearm (i am a bridges and tunnel police officer) i was forced to tell him while his receptionist was in the room. I was completely embarrassed and humiliated during and after this meeting.
                      I can be reached at [protected].
                      William Fernandez
                      email: [protected]@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2019

MTA — refusal to stop

there is a bus driver on x68 express bus named Lou that refuses to stop at the queens stop at 175th street...

Sep 21, 2019

MTA — train service

I was on the headed up the escalator to the shuttle bus at approximately 7:30am when I was grabbed from...

Sep 19, 2019

MTA — I am complaining about sim2 bus driver

On September 19, 2019 at about 8:10p.m., on the SIM 2 bus, bus number AW 1043, going towards Tottenville...

MTAnumber 2 train leaving 241st street

The number 2 train departing 241st street at about 4.58 AM always leaves 2 to 3 minutes early. Many times people are hustling to catch the train, the electronic board says the train is leaving in 2 minutes, or 3 Minutes as the case may be, however as you are going through the turnstile the train is pulling away from the station. This is not right, this behavior is deliberately done. At times the train conductor looks you in the eye and laughs like if they are playing a game. This is not a game, this is otter nonsense. The train should leave at the posted times not 2 or 3 minutes before. If there's some kind of problem I could understand them readjusting the schedule. However, the issue in question is done with malicious intent.

Aug 18, 2019

MTA — bus service m7

Manhattan bus service has often been awful, especially on M11 and M5 routes but today topped all of it, so...

MTAI am complaining about bus driver on route august 7th, 2019 at about 5:50 am

On August 7th, 2019 at about 5:50am on the Q24 BUS NUMBER 4815, driver was surprisingly rude when I explained to him my metro card may be expired. I wasn't sure so out of courtesy I thought to explain. Driver disrespectfully told me "that's not my problem". I was in shock and told him he didn't have to talk to me like that. I explained I was going to pay why was he talking to me like that. In addition I was with my 8year old daughter that did not have to witness his disrespectful ways. I was surprise and upset and reminded him that I was a customer and if he was having a bad morning being disrespectful is NOT the way to go. He call is an [censored] and I explained he was being a jerk. I was extremely surprised, embarrassed and disappointed of this drivers behavior. I never complain about bus drivers, I totally understand they have it hard, however I take this line every morning and he wasn't only rude to me. I am bring this to your attention because I wasn't the only customer the driver was having conflict with on the bus and he made sure he vocalized what was on his mind through the loud speaker.

I hope that the MTA takes measures to stop this type of behavior by its driver, and that disciplinary action is taken.

Thank you.

MTAtiming.

This bus is the absolute worst. I always have a problem with this bus, no matter how much earlier I leave. It will say a specific time that one will show up and NONE will show up. It's ridiculous. You'd think that they be on time with how much complaints they've been having. And sometimes when I'd check there'd only be one bus within the track. Are you serious? Step it up and be on time! Y'all are not the only ones with jobs!