Tata Indicom Broadband / Wrong billing practices

1 India Review updated:

I got this broadband connection (Infinity 128 plan) on 28-May-2008. I received a Welcome Call from your Hyderabad Call Center the next day. The person told me that I can upgrade to Infinty 384kbps for just Rs.1000/ per month. I confirmed this twice with him. He told me that from June onwards the 128kbps plan is stopping and the 384kbps plan is reducing to 1000 Rs. per month and advised me to change the plan from the website My Tarrif section.

So I did change the plan. I checked that section again today, it still shows 384kbps as 1400 per month. Please help me in how to go about lodging a complaint against this, FIR -or- Consumer Court -or- complaint to TRAI. What is the way out. Plzzz Help guys. After endless calls and email chains with customer care, I have been told today that I have to pay 1400 only as the plan charges change got effect from 6th june. Why did the person who gave me welcome call misinformed me. After telling the customer care person I wouldn't pay 1400 for this month, he told me that it is not possible. These guys have taken 4 month advance and cut the money from that.

Wrong billing practices. They call it postpaid connection and charge for the next month in advance in this month's bill. Is there any way to complain to TRAI about this wrong practice.

Out of my 4 months advance rental of Rs.3150, Rs1710 got charged after just 4days of activation for the month of May.
Now the balance is only 1410 after 4days.

Ha

Comments

• Ha
      7th of Jun, 2008

Please let me know how to go about it.

1) FIR