Tata Indicom - Bangalore / Return of cash advance - 6 months overdue

1 India Review updated:

This is to inform you that I had gone in for a TATA Indicom phone connection last year but surrendered the phone due to continuous faulty connection as well as uncaring customer care personnel. The connection was finally removed after nearly 5 months of filing the complaint.

When the sales person (Mr Diwarkar) visited our home, he suggested that there was abetter scheme where one could pay Rs 1122 and get a new connection where one doesn't have to pay any rentals for 3 years. My husband decided to go in for it and paid the cash amount of Rs 1122 on Oct 26th 2006, and a cheque of Rs 250 for installation, to Mr Diwakar, who said that he did not have a receipt and that he would bring the receipt and the instrument the next day. We waited for 5 months and in spite of repeated reminders to this person, he did not install the new phone.

The TATA Indicom tele-helpline is a waste of time as our calls keep getting cut or error messages and our endless calls were met with several excuses including personal problems for not fixing our phone. Towards the end, he refused to even pick up our phone. Finally, my daughter called from her phone and his wife answered the call and gave it to him, unsure of who the customer was. When Diwakar came on the line, we requested him to return the amount that was due to us as the connection had not been installed for nearly 6 months.

He came home 2 days ago with the cheque of Rs 250 and said that he would return in the same evening with the cash amount and the complaint form. He also said that he has lost his phone... the mobile no. he gave us was [protected] . With no address and an untraceable phone to contact him, we are finding it very difficult and near impossible to retrieve the amount that is due to us.

We are sure that TATA Indicom is aware of its dealers and their personnel but it is indeed awful that customers like us, who are elderly people, have to bear the brunt of their untrustworthiness and utter incompetence. If there is anyway, the higher authorities can trace Mr Diwakar and his ilk, and take them to task, they would save their clients from undue harassment and restore some faith in their business operations.

Kavery Ganapathy,
Bangalore.

Ka

Comments

• Sh
      13th of Mar, 2007

Tata indicom Customer care is the worst ever seen infact instead of taking care they increase our problems they are not capable of doing one activation in the given time. I dont wanna waste my time to type more on this.

10th of Mar, 2009

Well, I am joining the band. I am going through the same problem now. I wanted to cancel the connection as I was rarely using it and thought it is a waste of money since I will be using mobile all the time. But they offered the same scheme where I had to pay Rs 1000/- + service tax, and for 3 years I dont have to pay any more rentals.
    The phone was working good till the day I opted for the new scheme. Since then it is not working, keeps beeping once in every few seconds as it says "entering the service network", "leaving the service network". I complained twice in last one month, both the time service person came but the problem is not fixed. he started telling antenna is faulty and etc. I do not understand how chaning the scheme makes antenna faulty. Now I have to see how to escalate this issue to higher mgmt. I did not see an option in the web site.
    From last one month, I am unable to use the phone and I do not know how long I will have to fight to get my money worth.

thanks,