Target / discrimination
Today I went into a Target store to purchase several things one of which was a game for my daughter. When I arrived in electronics there were also two other laters their waiting to be helped. One of them looked for a sale associate and when he arrived he opened the case to get them a Wii Game and handed it to them. I asked him if he could help me and he opened another case for the Nintendo DS games. After looking at one, my daughter decided to get a Super Mario game. The sales associate held onto the game and then asked me if I would like to pay for it now or if I had some more shopping to do? I told him that I had some more shopping and he told me that I would have to pick it up at "Guest Services." I said, "I have to walk up to guest services and pick it up?" He told me that I could just go to the checkout stand and tell them that I needed it.
After this I looked at my oldest daughter and she looked said. We are African American and I can honestly say that this is the first time my 13 year old daughter has seen this type of behavior. I am saddened that I had to explain this to her and tell her that this does still exist. I wrote a complaint on a card but will this happen to someone else? And what was the reason that this little kid felt I needed to be treated like this?
More Target Complaints & Reviews
- Target Corporation - debit card scam 
- Target Corporation - lack of human resources training 
- Target - employee treatment 
- Target - employee abuse 
- Target / Intex Pool - poor after sales service! 
- Target Brands - payment not received
- Target Brands Target Store in Northridge - optical department
- Target Brands - diaper rash cream
- Target Brands - xbox controller
- Target Brands - activating a new phone, wireless sales staff