Target Trutech TV / DVD / stopped working after 5 months!

Since I live in a small convenience apartment I no longer have the box or the receipt. I purchased one of Targets Trutech tv/dvd combo tv's for $99.00 and after five months, it now will not work and the warranty is for 90 days. This is not acceptable for the consumers.

Comments

• Je
      17th of Jul, 2007

I too have the same problem... except its only been 5 months. The tv itself works... but the dvd reads "wrong disk" with every dvd put in it. Ive tried everything.

• Wa
      23rd of Jul, 2007

My experience with the tv is that I bought it about 2 months ago and about two weeks ago the DVD portion plays the dvds only in black and white. But the tv maintains color.

• Hu
      25th of Jul, 2007

I also just purchased one from Target and also get "wrong disc" message.

• Ju
      26th of Jul, 2007

I can't get my universal remote to work for my stupid trutech lcd tv/dvd !!!

27th of Jul, 2007

Mine is only a few weeks old and of course I've ditched the box and the receipt already... and now the d**n DVD will not play DVDs - also says "wrong disk." What a crappy product this is!

• De
      13th of Aug, 2007

Has anyone been able to figure out what causes this to happen? Or if it can be fixed at least?

• La
      31st of Mar, 2008

Um, it sounds like this should be an issue you take up with the manufacturer, Trutech, not Target. Unless of course Target is the one who manufactures the Trutech brand. But you get what you pay for, next time shell out a few more dollars for a Sony that will work for 10 years.

• Qu
      7th of Jul, 2008

This is exactly why buying a TV/DVD combo is a bad idea. If one component goes bad, you're stuck with it. Better to buy them separately.

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2008

The TruTech name is only for sets sold by Target. They are made in China and imported by a company named Venturer Electronics in Canada and Buffalo NY.
    Contact me if you want telephone numbers etc. It is Federal law for a dealer to make available any written warranties before you actually make a warranty covered purchase over $15.00. This law is older than Target itself. It's called the Magnuson-Moss Act - Public Law 93-637 and is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission.
    Where I live Target does not have the warranties either on display or available - they are in the various sealed boxes. It would be a great service if those who have been cheated by Target would go to their closest Target and ask for the written warranties for several TV sets. You have the right to compare. When they turn you down - get their names and other info and join me in issuing a complaint with the FTC. We need many to do this... the quicker the better.