Target Store / refusing to fill a prescription

target retail store
Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island
I am a 60 year old woman who suffers from a lot of pain due to fibromyalgia, and am treated by a Dr. in Orlando, once a month, which is 100 miles round trip. I have had many of my prescriptions filled at the Target store on Merritt Island for quite a few years.
I have always filled my prescription for pain medication at the Merritt Island store with no problem, because they take my insurance, and have always given great service, and always had the medication in stock.
About 6 months ago, they refused to fill my prescription, because it was from Orlando, and told me they would no longer fill any prescriptions from Orlando, because apparently someone attempted to pass a fraudulant prescription for pain medication in our county. I understand the major problem with pain meds, and fraudulent prescriptions in this country, but why punish the honest hard working people, who have intense pain, legitimate Dr's and prescriptions? My sister who also suffers from Fibromyalgia, is in the same situation that I am in, , and she is on disability.
So because of that incident, , they refused to fill my prescription anymore, , even though I have filled my pain medication there for over a year, , and I am on file as a regular customer. I could understand if they refuse to accept any future prescriptions from the Orlando area, but to deprive me, a regular customer, seems unfair.
So now because of this, I have to drive all over Orlando, a city I am unfamiliar with, , trying to find a pharmacy who accepts my insurance, and will fill my meds. One day I spent 6 hours trying to fill my prescription, which is very painful to be in a car that long. If I can't find a store that has the entire amount, I am forced to take a partial order, and drive back to Orlando, another 100 miles to pick up the remaining order when they come in.
I don't know if this is Target's nation wide regulation, or if the Merritt Island store has taken this on as their own rule.
I couldn't get anywhere with the pharmacists in the Merritt Island store, can you help me? P. Wilkin Hervett@aol.com

N  11th of Sep, 2009 by
Much as I hate Tarbutt I have to wonder why you don't fill the script at one of the Tarbutt stores in Orlando before you drive home. I also wonder why you don't find a doctor closer than going 50 miles.

N  11th of Sep, 2009 by