Target Retail Store / hiring young but not older people

Culpeper, VA, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 540-547-3388
I have placed a application with this Compang and reccieved a e-mail that they where not hiring. That has been a week. Today I went to Target and there was a sign saying now hiring. I don't know why they would not even speak to me person to person. I have been in retail almost 17 years and have worked in many departments. I have a complete resume bu no one is looking at that. I am very upset. My husband passed away 2 years ago and I am trying to get back to work. I feel that they are not looking at me because of my age. Believe me I could work circles around anyone. I want, no I NEED a job. Times are tough but when they have opening and do not even speark to people well it stinks.
I hope someone who reads this can help me understand the reason behind this policy.
Shelia Morris

Comments

Sk
  5th of Apr, 2009
The store which you applied to may not have a true opening. They may have forgotten to update their employment kiosk signs. Target accepts applications year round whether they are hiring or not. If you applied online, it also depends on what selections you made when you applied. I would recommend going to the store and submitting an application in person from the hiring kiosk. Provided you have the availability to work when they need you, when they have an open position they will call and you will go through a set of interviews. Locally, our Target has quite a bit of older employees. One lady whom always helps me out when I buy clothes/jewelry just celebrated her 86th birthday. She and her daughter both work at Target. I don't think you were being intentionally discriminated against. Times are tough, most retailers are not hiring.
Bi
  10th of Apr, 2009
Dear Customer,

we are selling all brand and latest electronics such as mobile phones, pda, games at affordable and competitive prices.

Our Bonanza are:
buy 2 units and get 1 unit free.
buy 5 units and get 2 unit free including shipping.
our products are brand new ( mobiles are unlocked ) with complete accessories and it comes with 1 year international warranty and 8 months return policy.

Contact via mail:

NOKIA E66………………………………………….$310
NOKIA 7610 SUPERNOVA……………………..$200
NOKIA7510 SUPERNOVA………………………$170
NOKIA 6600 SLIDE……………………………….$250

If you wish for any model of brand not included above, then send us your enquiry and order quote and we get in touch with you soonest.

Contact:
sale.manager@live.com
sale.cashier@gmail.com
sale.manager@consultant.com
  6th of Feb, 2011
I live in the Mesquite, Texas area, and shop at the local Target store. Most of the time your products are of high quality, but I bought an area rug ( approx. 8x10) costing around $175.00 on sale at the Mesquite store last spring (2010), and the thing is falling apart! It is a retangle-shaped braided rug, and the colors were beautiful; however, the colors have started to fade, and there are loose strings coming out of the braids all over the rug. At this rate, the rug will not last another year. It has also streached out of shape, and has a tendency to "bunch up" (this could be a fall hazzard). This is not happening because of excessive wear; only normal wear-and-tear of a household of two people. Please let me know if there is any kind of guarantee of this product, and thank you for hearing me out.

Norma Heartsill, Garland, Texas