Target / questionable policy

1000 Nicollet MallMinneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:

I will preface this by saying I have never had a problem at Target before, however, this one takes the cake. On Jan. 14 we purchased a comforter set at full price. 2 or 3 days later the item goes to clearance. Today I go into the store with my receipt and am told they won't give me an overcharge because the item is clearance and not a sale item. The clerk told me if I brought the item back to the store in the packaging she could do a refund and I could buy it back at the clearance price. (This wouldn't be necessary if the item were just on sale.) I have been a good customer of this store spending approximately $400.00 to $500.00 there each week between groceries and other items. However, after having to be recited a policy by no less than three levels of employees...who had no care in the world other than to recite a questionable policy, I walked out. No wonder same store sales are off...
Va

Comments

Qu
  9th of May, 2008
There is a difference between a sale price and a clearance price. If it's just on sale, it'll go back up once the promotion is over.
If it's on clearance, they're trying to liquidate the remaining stock.
Sooner or later everything goes on clearance and I don't know of any stores that price match or adjust for clearance items. It was just bad timing that you bought this item when you did.
You obviously thought this product was worth the money you paid for it, so be happy and move on.
La
  22nd of Nov, 2008
If you would have read the return policy on your receipt, you wouldn't have had to go through all that stress.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands