Target / replacement warranty scam

I bought a 2 year "Replacement Warranty" when I purchased a Nintendo DS Lite for my grandson about a year ago. I bought the plan against my better judgement but I asked all of the right questions like what it covered, could I bring it to the store, etc...Anyway, so I take it to the store I bought it at and they give me the phone to call Nintendo, , , "WHAT"...of course they won't replace it they want me to send it in to them and they want to charge me $50 plus shipping because they are telling me without looking at it that there must have been physical damage to it (impressive I thought)...so I storm out of the Target and tell them I will never shop there again (and I won't) and I go home and call the Target Warranty center and this guy tells me that in the first year of the plan the item is actually covered by the Nintendo warranty but if I just wait a few days until the manufacture warranty is off I can call Target back and they will just send me a gift card in the amount of the purchase...which was of course BS as I just called them and they want me to shop it to Nintendo. What a joke! The replacement plan was 15% of the cost of the item and they want me to pay to have it fixed...What is replacement about that?

Comments

• Th
      26th of Oct, 2011

Maybe a little late on this post, but that "2-year" replacement plan is YEAR 2 only. You were jobbed. Plan administrator is not liable in year 1 and just refers you to mfr. This is stuff Class Actions are made of.