Target / order delayed for over 5 months!

1 United States

What I really want this year for Christmas is for someone to cancel my Target order. On July 21st, 2006, I ordered an infant seat on the target.com website for my then 3-month old son. It is now December 23rd, 2006 and my infant seat still has not arrived. 5 months and counting!

Each week I receive an automated message from Target.com which states that "there is a delay with one or more items in the order you placed." Furthermore, the message indicates that "it is not possible to cancel this order at this time."

The numerous Target customer service agents with whom I have spoken and emailed have said that if I no longer want the infant seat (my son is now too old for the seat), I can refuse or return the eventual delivery. I have then explained repeatedly that I have since moved overseas and am no longer able to refuse delivery at my previous address. To my dismay, the standard Target response has been "Our systems prohibit us from cancelling orders" and "all you can do is refuse the parcel when it is delivered." Did I not just say that I am living overseas?! Are they even trying to help?

I find the whole target.com shopping experience to be extremely user-unfriendly. All I really want this year for Christmas is for someone to cancel my Target order.