Target Brands / dressing room attendant/protection specialist

1 El Dorado Hills, CA, United States

Hi,
I am a frequent shopper of Target and have been for many years. I was in Target yesterday at the El Dorado Hills, CA location which is where I currently live. I was with my daughter who was visiting and we went in the store looking for some jeans for her. We were rather rushed because she had a flight to catch so I was helping her look and grabbed 3 pair for her to try on along with 1 for myself. She also had 3-4 pair. We went to the dressing room and got our number for the amount of merchandise we had and both went to the same dressing room which is something we have always done often so we can see how it looks on and it seems to save time. We have never had a problem with this in the past. We were instantly rudely told by Keyana, only 1 could be in the room. I asked if that was a new policy and she again spoke very rudely advising me it was not a new policy. I was ok with that and went in the room across. I tried my 1 pair of jeans on and then left the room. I still had 3 pair of the jeans for my daughter so I went to her room to try to give them to her and was instantly yelled at so I went out and sat in the chair. Keyana called Protection Specialist, Heather, who immediately starting telling me I was not allowed in the room. Their behavior was ridiculous, rude, and most definitely uncalled for. I tried to explain that I was simply trying to give my daughter the pants and they continued saying I was not allowed in the room or even near it apparently. Both my daughter and I were appalled at the way this was being handled and how unprofessional and rude these "girls" were. At this point, we just wanted to leave the store and were no longer interested in the pants. There were a few carts around the dressing room area and my daughter gently moved one about 3 inches to get around it and was instantly told by Keyana to not touch the cart as it was not hers. We then went to complain to the security manager that was on shift at that time. She was extremely nice, and understanding and apologized for their behavior and said she was going to go talk to them. I have never been treated this way's ever. I suggested to these girls that they attend a customer relations class and learn the proper way to handle a situation. I have no problem at all with the policy and respect the rules and regulations but most definitely did not deserve to be treated like a criminal I can only hope that some action is taken regarding this situation as it is not acceptable for someone to be treated this way and I would hope this can be prevented in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Susan Good