Target Brands / activating a new phone, wireless sales staff

1 Cottage Grove, MN, United States

I purchased an iphone the weekend after Thanksgiving to take advantage of the $250 gift card. The Target employee told me my old plan was no longer available and that I had to choose a new plan, (this is not true according to At&T). I also told the tech that I did not want insurance, (I have never insured any phone). Lo and behold I get my phone bill and I am now being changed for two phone plans plus insurance, ($391/month). I have been on the phone with my provider at least three hours and talked to several different managers and my bill is still not corrected.

I also called Target corporate to file a compliant. Besides getting my receipt information nothing else was done, not even asking me for my contact information. I can maybe understand making a mistake with the phone plan, but I told the Target tech three times that I did not want insurance. I googled later and found out that employees earn points for signing up new phones, selling accessories, and insurance plans. I am a very unhappy customer!!!

Je